SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Classic Movie Goddess Of The Month - Elizabeth Taylor Part 3

Here are some notable quotes from La Liz herself:

My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked.

I don't pretend to be an ordinary housewife.

Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.

If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down.

I believe in mind over matter and doing anything you set your mind on.

I, along with the critics, have never taken myself very seriously.

You find out who your real friends are when you're involved in a scandal.


There's still so much more to do. I can't sit back and be complacent, and none of us should be. I get around now in a wheelchair, but I get around.

[on Marilyn Monroe] She seemed to have a kind of unconscious glow about her physical self that was innocent, like a child. When she posed nude, it was 'Gee, I am kind of, you know, sort of dishy,' like she enjoyed it without being egotistical.

[On the death of Michael Jackson] I just don't believe that Michael would want me to share my grief with millions of others. How I feel is between us. Not a public event.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails