SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halfway through my Hitchcock marathon....


Well I say halfway but I still have several more to watch. I own several of his films on DVD but it's been awhile since I have watched them. Today was an exceptional day. I started with North By Northwest..couldn't ask for a better lead off film. Cary Grant was at his best and North had so many iconic images, the best being Cary chased by the crop duster. Throw in the gorgeous Eva Marie Saint who just oozed sexual energy through the camera lens, and this is one of Hitch's best films. I followed that up with Cary Grant again in To Catch A Thief. This time his co-star was the equally beautiful Grace Kelly and plus you had the gorgeous French Riviera scenery to look at. It was very cool seeing Cary race across rooftops in the middle of the night, eluding the police, and romancing Grace. He was very convincing as John Robie, The Cat...jewel thief extraordinaire. Grace Kelly was good too but she doesn't show up until half an hour into the film. But she leads me to the third Hitch movie I saw today..Rear Window, which is one of my personal favorites. James Stewart gives a terrific performance as Jeff, the photographer, who is laid up with a broken leg, who is convinced his neighbor (the burly Raymond Burr..pre-Perry Mason) is a killer. Grace plays Jeff's long suffering girlfriend Lisa and she positively lights up the screen with her performance. Personally I believe this to be her best work ever on film. Add Thelma Ritter as Jeff's nurse to round out the cast. I may go into more detail later on for each of these films, especially Rear Window. But since I have several more Hitchcock movies to go I may just wait. I still have Dial 'M' For Murder, The Lady Vanishes, Vertigo, The Birds, and Psycho to watch. An excellent few days of movie watching bar none.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey! I got your comment on Flixster. Thanks for following my blog! I've decided to follow yours too... looks fun :-) I LOVE Hitchcock!! Rear Window is probably my fav. I've also seen 39 Steps, Spellbound, Notorious, Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Psycho, and The Birds. I wish I could say I've seen more though. My goal is to eventually see them all. I especially want to see Murder and Rebecca.

Keep up the great blogging!

monty said...

Thanks for the comments Sarah. I will be watching Murder today. Rebecca is a classic. Been awhile since I seen it though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails