SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, August 16, 2010

Rosalind Russell - Classic Movie Goddess August 2010

Here are some personal quotes by Roz:

Acting is standing up naked and turning around very slowly.

Success is a public affair. Failure is a private funeral.

At MGM there was a first wave of top stars, and a second wave to replace them in case they got difficult. I was second in line of defence, behind Myrna Loy.
Flops are part of a life's menu and I've never been a girl to miss out on any of the courses.

In all those types of films I wore a tan suit, a grey suit, a beige suit and then a negligee for the seventh reel near the end when I would admit to my best friend on the telephone that what I really wanted was to become a little housewife.

Taste. You cannot buy such a rare and wonderful thing. You can't send away for it in a catalogue. And I'm afraid it's becoming obsolete.

Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic.

Being given good material is like being assigned to bake a cake and having the batter made for you

3 comments:

Tom said...

Great list so far Monty. Can't wait to see what's next.

Tom said...

Oops. I just realized I posted my comment on the wrong post. Sorry. I meant this for the Cary Grant post!

monty said...

that's ok Tom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails