SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beware These Women! - Rose Loomis (NIAGARA)

Come on over baby, my husband is gone for the day.

Rose Loomis of the film Niagara, has to be considered one of film's most devious wives. As embodied by Marilyn Monroe, who is better regarded in frothy comedies and splashy musicals, Rose is one piece of work. It's not all her fault really. Her husband (played by the always solid Joseph Cotten) is abusive and jealous. Rose is dying to get out this marriage anyway she can. So while they are vacationing at Niagara Falls, Rose meets her lover and plan to do away with her husband. Rose is definitely sexy and dangerous and very manipulative. The way she handles her lover is manipulation 101. And the way she can anger her husband with a simple song is the work of a woman who knows what she's doing. I don't think too many men would turn Rose away and that's part of her charm. But I would always be on my guard, not knowing what this devilish woman is up to. Monroe is seductive and holds her own with Cotten and Jean Peters. She was never more beautiful and sexy than in this film. Monroe handles the dramatic moments pretty good too. But her Rose is one woman you definitely can't trust.
That's right baby, I've found someone else and you're history.

ROSE LOOMIS RATINGS:

SCHEMINGS - 5
MANIPULATIVE - 5
SMARTNESS - 3
TRUSTWORTHY - 0
DANGEROUS - 3

I'm not that bad, really...I'm just misunderstood.




Quote from Rose herself:



Sure. I'm meeting somebody, just anybody handy, as long as he's a man! How 'bout the ticket seller himself? I could grab him on the way out, or one of the kids with the phonograph. Anybody suits me. Take your pick.


3 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Oh, one of my favourite Marilyn Monroe films! I am not getting tired watching this one!!

FlickChick said...

Hey, if you look like that you can write your own rules!

Dawn said...

The film Niagara, is one of my favorite films.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails