SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Under The Weather...

The photo above says it all. I went to the dentist today and while everything went well, the medication I'm taking for the pain is making me groggy and a little loopy. As I write this, Cary Grant defeated Jimmy Stewart 16-10 in the 1940's era final match to secure a spot in the Classic Movie Actor Final Four. Cary becomes the first top seed from either the men's or women's tournament to do that. Surprisingly no other top seed made it to the final four. Only Marlon Brando (50's) and Paul Newman (60's) have a chance to replicate that feat. Anyway I was planning on starting the 50's era round tonight but just don't feel that well. If everyone can just have a little patience with me, I hope to get that era started tomorrow morning. At the latest it would be tomorrow evening. So I'm going to get some sleep and hope to wake up feeling much better tomorrow. Thanks to everybody for understanding.

7 comments:

KC said...

Get better Monty!

Ginger said...

Get well soon! :)

OH NO! I forgot to vote in the final round and JIMMY LOST!!! *faints dead away* Sorry Cary, you're nice & all, but I just like James better XD

Kalli said...

I hope that you feel better soon!

Irene Palfy said...

Get well soon - and: take all the time you need, Monty!

We have the tournament-actors "tinned" - we can see them whenever we want..

- but you are kind of a live acting performer. Please take care so that the Monty Hawes show will run another long time.. I mean: Look at all the girls in the front row! ;"p

While you make a break - we go and get some drinks in the foyer.. ;")

("Oh - can I get mine with a little cocktail-umbrella?? What? Why - no. I like my coffee with cocktail-umbrellas.." ~ that barkeeper is a square..~)

Renata said...

I hope you feel better pretty soon, Monty :)

Desiree said...

I know how that is when you get all loopy from the dentist. I hope you're all right today, haha. So glad to hear Cary won. Well, I knew he could do it ;)

Dawn said...

Monty, Get well soon..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails