SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, July 4, 2011

We have a tie....

Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn in The Lion In Winter
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
For only the second time in tournament play (men and women) we have a tie. Sidney Poitier and Peter O'Toole are deadlocked at 17 apiece. So I will have a tie-breaker question to decide the winner. That winner will face off against top seed Paul Newman who deafeated Jack Lemmon 20-14. So for the tie-breaker question I will leave in the hands of the great Katherine Hepburn. She appeared with both men in different films: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner with Sidney and The Lion in Winter with Peter. The question is which film do you prefer more with Kate as the connecting piece. I will have this poll up for 24 hours to decide the winner.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

What a good idea for a tie-breaker, Monty. Especially since these films were both made around the same time in Katharine's career (if I remember correctly).

I haven't seen *Lion in Winter*, so I can't vote, but my guess is that one will win. Most people I've heard are rather lukewarm on GWCTD (though there are the exceptions that love it). It may have been ground-breaking for its time, but I don't think it aged terribly well. What I've heard of *Lion in Winter* puts it ahead as the superior film...but that's merely my guess. :) We'll see how it turns out. Loving the competition as always. I think Cary will come out the ultimate victor--as he is just SO popular.

Irene Palfy said...

GUESS WHO I voted for.. ;")

(had to make this one..)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails