SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Elizabeth Montgomery (1933-1995)


I was not about to let this day get away without honoring Elizabeth Montgomery, one of my favorite actresses ever! She is in fact my favorite TV actress thanks to her great turn as Samantha Stevens, on the long running series Bewitched. But also because of her great dramatic work in TV movies such as The Legend of Lizzie Borden (1975), Act of Violence (1979), and Sins of the Mother (1991) to name just a few. Of course Elizabeth is the daughter of classic film star Robert Montgomery, but she made her own and did not get a free pass thanks to family. While starting out in series with bit parts on Wagon Train, Kraft Theater, Cimarron City, Climax, among others. And appearing in a few big Hollywood movies, her biggest being Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed (1963) with Dean Martin, it was on the series Bewitched, that she found her true mark. For eight wonderful years, she played the housewife who happens to be a witch Samantha Stevens, who was also getting into troublesome situations. Her eccentric family including mom Endora (Agnes Moorehead) would always drop by unannounced to cause trouble. It's on this show that Elizabeth became a true star. So on this day I wish her a very Happy Birthday! Oh and one more impressive thing about Elizabeth...who could twinkle their nose like she could so well. I know I can't.



3 comments:

Kimberly J.M. Wilson said...

I loved watching Bewitched reruns as a child. When Montgomery started making the Edna Buchanan movies I enjoyed them, too.

Kristen said...

Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie were staples of my upbringing!

Silver Screenings said...

Oh dear. I didn't know she was Robert Montgomery's daughter!! Doh! Anyway, this was a lovely birthday tribute to her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails