SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Be My Guest: Tracey Witt


My guest this month is Tracey Witt, a wonderful woman and friend of mine who I met on Facebook through Flick Chick, the fantastic classic movie page done by Marsha. Tracey hails from Minnesota and currently lives in Las Vegas and is a certified nurse. Her love of classic movies and stars is off the charts. So let's get right to it shall we....

Favorite classic stars: 

Tracey: Sooooo many to choose from! Some of the silent film stars would be Marion Davies, Gloria Swanson, Mary Pickford and Mabel Norman for the ladies....for the gentlemen Buster Keaton is at the top of my list along with Rudolph Valentino, Douglas Fairbanks and Charlie Chaplin.....for the talkies The top of my list is the gorgeous miss Jean Harlow but also Myrna Loy and Marilyn Monroe....the gents include Clark Gable, Gregory Peck and Gary Cooper.

Monty: Impressive list Tracey. I knew that Jean Harlow was one of her favorites because when I post pics of her on Facebook, I always tag Tracey in them.

Favorite Films:

Tracey: Once again a long list of favorites.... Dinner at Eight, Red Dust, China Seas, all with Jean Harlow...hmmmmm.....Sunset Boulevard, Some Like It Hot, Bus Stop, How to Marry A Millionaire and Gone With The Wind.

Monty: I love all those films you named!

 First Classic Movie Experience:

Tracey: When I was a little girl in Minnesota there was a local TV station KROC, on Saturday nights they would have what was called KROC's Comedy Classics.  They would play Mae West, the Marx Brothers, WC Fields, quite a few silents as well. I loved them and it became a part of my life from then on.

Monty: very cool!

 Perfect way to watch a classic movie:

Tracey: Well first choice would to be on the big screen with other people who also love the classics, Second choice would have to be at home with someone special curled up on the couch together.

Monty: Both are great ways to watch the classics...can't argue with that.

 How many people do I know that love the classics too:

Tracey: Quite a few actually, just about everyone in my family likes the classics in one form or another. My Father would probably be the other truly classic fan in the family.

Monty: awesome Tracey. It's rare that so many family members share your love of classic movies. A lot of my guest that have been on here have stated they were the only ones who would watch them.

  Favorite Decade:

Tracey: Well, it's a toss up between the 20's and the 30's but I would have to give the 20's the edge. I adore the silents, they are an art work unto them selves and are absolute treasures. I do admit they're not for everyone and can be an aquired taste.

Monty: I need to watch more silents...but right now my fave genre is the 30's.

 Favorite film quotes:

Tracey: "I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop"...."Well, no one's perfect"...."Come up and see me sometime"...."Made it Ma! Top of the world!"

Monty: Good ones!

 Classics I haven't seen yet:

Tracey: "Sunrise"..."Waterloo Bridge" ...."Ship of Fools"...."Jaws"

Monty: You may be the first person I've met that hasn't seen Jaws! It's a must see Tracey!

Favorite Genre:

Tracey: Well like I said anything silent, but the really good dramas I love including the Warner Brother's gangster pictures. All of the best dramas have at least a hint of comedy to them as well.

Monty: Cool..and I agree about the best dramas having a touch of comedy in them.

Movie theme part:

Tracey: Well big surprise there, a silent movie 1920's party. Perhaps channel the ultimate party hostess Marion Davies and throw a huge bash with live music, catered food and lots of champagne!

Monty: cool...I expect an invite when you have one ok?

Films that are loved but that I don't like: 

Tracey: My apologies to anyone who's favorite I mention. "Gunga Din" "Lawrence of Arabia" "Rocky" anything Three Stooges, or Abbot and Costello

Monty: That's cool Tracey...not everyone can like the same things....I'm not too crazy about Lawrence of Arabia either.

Biggest Film Fan:

Tracey: Once again my dad, he knows so many plots and lines from the classic and given a trivia contest would be a very hard man to beat.

Monty: that's great Tracey

Favorite film characters:

Tracey: Marilyn Monroe as Lorelei Lee and Sugar Cane...Jean Harlow in all of her movies are favorites....Mae West as Flower Belle Lee.....Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blane...... Buster Keaton as anyone, love them all


Monty: I love MM as Lorelei Lee..one of my all time favorite characters. Well that was fun....thanks Tracey for being my guest this month. I think we all here at All Good Things enjoyed getting to know you a little bit better.


My love of classic films is beyond measure

Monty

9 comments:

FlickChick said...

Monty - so awesome to have Tracey as your guest. Besides being a total movie maven (silent movies a specialty) she is a thoroughly lovely and delightful person that I am proud to call friend. Thank you, Monty!

Patti said...

Well, it is very nice to get acquainted with Tracey through this month's interview. Anyone who loves Coop, I will connect with immediately!!

I adore "Sunset Boulevard" too, Tracey. It's in my top 5 films of all-time. And I also quite love gangster films...I'm wild about James Cagney.

Oh, "Waterloo Bridge" is a must-see. It is beautiful...and definitely in my top 20 films. (I've only seen the Robert Taylor/Vivien Leigh version).

Tracey, I am SO with you on Abbott & Costello and The Three Stooges. Then again, I'm not much into comedy, so it's not surprising I dont' like those things.

Thanks for sharing!!

Kristen said...

Tracy is awesome! We seem to have a lot in common especially since I covered a majority of Harlow's movies recently.

John Peurach said...

Thanks Monty for putting Tracey in your Be My Guest spotlight. She definitely knows her stuff when it comes to classic films, especially with regards to the silent ones. But, more importantly, I think it's her never wavering enthusiasm and unlimited appreciation for the vintage stars of Hollywood, and the outstanding films that showcased them that is indeed such a constant joy to behold, both here during your interview, and in all of her ever-so wonderful contributions to either of the FlickChick FB pages. In other words, great job. And, oh yeah, thanks so much for providing such an amazing somewhere out there/in here place for classic film lovers to get all the way lost in.

Irene Palfy said...

Nice to meet you, Tracey! :")

Dawn said...

Nice to meet you Tracey! I also love Cooper, Jean Harlow, Myrna Loy and Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable and Gregory Peck.

Please add me to the list for not being a big fan of.. Abbott and Costello and The Three Stooges.

I would love too see more silent films. I have really enjoyed most that I have seen.

Anonymous said...

Great website Monty. Have any of your guests been real life actresses, say in their 20's.Most actresses start in their 20's! The guest this month is in her 50's , correct? It might be authentic interviewing someone with some first-hand acting experience. Just a suggestion. Cheers!~Signed the Happily married Italian Guy.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Still haven't seen Jaws??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails