SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, August 16, 2012

31 Stars in 31 Days: Day 16 - VIVIEN LEIGH

Tonight I will be watching a Vivien Leigh movie and no not Gone With The Wind, her most iconic movie and role. No, I shall watch Waterloo Bridge, which is actually my favorite performance of hers. But let's get to the necessary info first about Ms. Leigh shall we...

Favorite Vivien film: GONE WITH THE WIND (1939) - just too epic not be my fave..even
though it's not my fave film from that golden year of 1939..in fact it is way down that list..just saying..
I hope GWTW fans don't come after me with pitchforks now!
Favorite Vivien role: Myra (WATERLOO BRIDGE - 1940) - yes I thought she was better here
than in GWTW. So heartbreaking!
Favorite Vivien co-star: toss up between Clark Gable and Laurence Olivier
Films of Vivien seen: 7 out of 20 films..I need to watch me some more Viv!

Today's film: WATERLOO BRIDGE (1940) - Heartbreaking film. Here is my full review when I wrote it a while back.. poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2010/09/vivien-leigh-in-heart-breaking-waterloo.html


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails