SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, August 30, 2012

31 Stars in 31 Days: Day 30 - ROMY SCHNEIDER

Ahhh, Romy, Romy, Romy. The Austrian born beauty has quickly become one of my favorite classic film actresses. She currently sits at number three on my all time favorite actresses list. Behind only Carole Lombard and Irene Dunne. Heady company there. Me and my best friend Irene Palfy constantly talk about her all the time. I have only seen a few of her films but what I have seen I have loved. But since I haven't seen enough of her films I won't be listing my favorite film or role of hers. I need to see more. And right now the only film I own of hers is Good Neighbor Sam (1964) with Jack Lemmon, which I absolutely love. So I will be watching that this evening once I get home.


The enchanting Romy

Today's film: GOOD NEIGHBOR SAM (1964) - A wonderful comedy from the 60's which casts Romy as a recent divorcee who must ask her married neighbor Jack Lemmon to pretend to be her husband to land a big time inheritance. From the first time we see Romy, she is amazing. And her chemistry with Mr. Lemmon is great. Can't wait to watch it again.



Rating: **** out of ***** stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails