SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stats for Mary Astor/Miriam Hopkins play-in match

For tomorrow's play in match between Mary Astor and Miriam Hopkins, I thought I would do a post about their stats and history here on All Good Things. I set it up just like when I do my match play matches. Voting starts Sunday morning and runs through Wednesday evening 5 pm EST for what is sure to be an exciting match.

MARY ASTOR
Mary getting some final touches before her match with
Miriam Hopkins

Name: Lucille Vasconcellos Langhanke
Birth Date: May 3, 1906 (Quincy, Illinois)
Height: 5' 6"
Academy Awards: one (Best Supporting Actress: The Great Lie - 1942)
Monties: 2 nominations (Best Supporting Actress: Red Dust - 1932 and The Maltese Falcon - 1941)
My favorite Mary film: Red Dust (1932)
Match play record: 0-1 (lost to Claudette Colbert in the 30's era of the 2012 Favorite Classic Actress Tournament 73-25...ouch)


VS

MIRIAM HOPKINS
Miriam is doing the same thing..but doing it personally herself...

Name: Ellen Miriam Hopkins
Birth Date: October 18, 1902 (Savannah, Georgia...woo hoo..from my home state)
Height: 5' 2"
Academy Awards: one nomination (Best Actress: Becky Sharp - 1935)
Monties: 2 nominations, one win (Best Actress: Becky Sharp - 1935) 
My favorite Miriam film: These Three (1936)
Match play record: 0-1 (lost to Barbara Stanwyck in the 30's era of the 2012 Favorite Classic Actress Tournament 82-16...dang!)

So one thing will be for certain after these two outstanding actresses meet...one will pick up her first victory in match play/tourney. Good luck to ya both Mary and Miriam.


MARCH MADNESS....CLASSIC MOVIE ACTRESS STYLE

It's doesn't get any better than this...

1 comment:

Mythical Monkey said...

I love both actresses, but I'm going with Mary Astor, if only for the rain scene in Red Dust. Rowr!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails