SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Be My Guest - Sarah (from And...Scene) Part 2

Here is part 2 of my conversation with Sarah.


Monty: What is your absolute favorite movie?
 Sarah: This is a hard one as I am not given to absolutes but I’ll say, for sentimental reasons, The Quiet Man. I could watch it over and over.
 Monty: I love that movie Sarah. Excellent choice.

Monty: Describe the perfect way for you to watch a classic movie.
 Sarah: Alone, in my living room, preferably on a rainy day. 
 Monty: I agree with. If it's raining on the week-end and everyone else is mad because outdoor plans are ruined, I'm quite content with watching classic movies in my living room.

Monty: What is your favorite time period and why: the 20's, the 30's, the 40's, the 50's or the 60's?
 Sarah: Definitely the 30’s! Movie making was advancing with the advent of talkies and the Hayes Code hadn’t taken full effect. Subjects such as divorce, sex before marriage, and a woman’s independence were box office draws and actresses such as Tallulah Bankhead, Barbara Stanwyck, Joan Blondell, Norma Shearer, and Miriam Hopkins (to name a very few) thought nothing of traipsing across the screen in silken negligees spouting witty dialogue and cleverly getting their own way. And what’s a 30’s film with out a cocktail shaker? Martini anyone?
 Monty: The 30's is my favorite period as well mainly because that's when screwball comedies flourished. And I love you answer as well. 


Monty: Any current stars catch your fancy, if so who are they?
Sarah: Cate Blanchett and Russell Crowe. They make extremely fine actors down under! 
Monty: Great picks...I love both Cate and Russell. Cate played Katherine Hepburn wonderfully in The Aviator.

Monty: What is your favorite movie quote?
 Sarah: "There's a name for you ladies, but it isn't used in high society - outside of a kennel" -- St. Joan Crawford from The Women.
Monty: One of my favorite movies and one of the best lines ever. Joan Crawford was awesome in that movie.

Monty: If you could be any movie character, who would it be and why?
Sarah: Without a doubt, I would love to be Nora Charles from The Thin Man series. She was witty, courageous, and best of all, had the love a wonderful husband. Together they made a hilarious and entertaining team. 
Monty: Yes...I think I would love to be Nick. They are perfect. 
 So that concludes my Q&A with Sarah for this month. I enjoyed having her as my guest this month. And really enjoyed her answers. And I am more than willing to return the favor Sarah, if you ever want to interview me on your blog. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails