SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, December 13, 2010

Be My Guest - Anastasia (Lily Lemontree)

My friend Anastasia of the wonderful and stylish blog Lily Lemontree has graciously accepted to be my guest this month and I have her answers ready to post. And if you have never checked out her blog, you must do so. Here's the link: http://lilylemontree.blogspot.com/ So here we go with Anastasia's guest appearance.

1. Name your top 5 favorite classic movies actors.

Doris DayJames GarnerJoan CrawfordThe great Cary Grant
Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine
Anastasia: Doris Day, James Garner, Joan Crawford, Cary Grant, Jack Lemmon
Monty: You have made a life long friend by choosing Cary Grant, Anastasia. And James Garner is the first time out of all my guests that he was chosen. But he is one of my favorites as well.


2. Name at least 5 of your favorite films.
Rear Window
Anastasia: Rear Window, Arsenic and Old Lace, What Ever Happened To Baby Jane, Pillowtalk, My Favorite Wife, Mildred Pierce, Yours, Mine and Ours
Monty: I see a few Cary Grant films. Excellent.


3. Describe your first classic movie experience.

Anastasia: When I was a young girl, I loved watching the Gidget movies. Grant it, back then, they wouldn’t have been considered ‘classics’ for a few more decades but I adored Sandra Dee and all the summertime mischief her, Moondoggie and the Big Kahuna got themselves into. I still dream of spending the summer as blond haired, blue-eyed surfer girl!
Monty: I used to watch the Gidget tv series with Sally Field before I knew of the movies, but I enjoyed them as well.


4. Describe the perfect way for you to watch a classic movie.
 Anastasia: With little ones at home, I don’t get a lot of opportunities to sit down and really enjoy a film, classic or otherwise but I always insist on enjoying whatever movie I am watching free of interruptions. I love to become absorbed in a movie, a little difficult when ‘Mommy’ is being beckoned! When I can find the time, a hot cup of coffee in hand and no disturbances (by husband or children) for the duration of the movie, is all I require!
Monty: I see. Since we don't have children, I have a lot more free time. But things can get busy from time to time for me as well.


5. What is your favorite classic movie decade: the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's or 60's?
Paul Henreid, Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart
Anastasia: Now this is a hard one for me since I love different things about each decade in film but if I had to pick one, I would have to say the 40’s stand out for me. The actors starring in movies in this period are some of my all-time favourites and the sets are outstanding. I find the 40’s a very glamorous time period in Hollywood and that really seems to come out in the films of that era
Monty: Good choice. I prefer the 30's, but the 40's would be my second choice.

6. Name a few of your favorite modern movie actors/actresses.
Sandra BullockJuliette BinocheMichelle WilliamsColin Firth
Ewan McGregor
Anastasia: Sandra Bullock, Juliette Binoche, Michelle Williams, Colin Firth, Ewan McGregor
Monty: Yes to Sandra. She is my favorite modern actress.


7. What is your favorite movie quote? can be more than one.
Stroheim and Swanson
Anastasia: “You see, this is my life, it always will be. There's nothing else… just us and the cameras and those wonderful people out there in the dark. All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up." -Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard.


Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night." –Bette Davis in All About Eve

Monty: Good choices. I love both films, especially All About Eve.


8. What is your favorite classic movie series?
Beach Blanket Bingo
Anastasia: Laugh if you will but I could watch the Beach Blanket Bingo movies with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon about a million times and I would still find them amusing and entertaining. I love the light heartedness of the stories and of course the dancing if just fab!
Monty: I grew up watching the Beach Blanket Bingo movies on this local cable station every summer. They are good fun movies I agree.



9. What stars, besides your favorites would you have love to have met in person?
Bette Davis in JezebelLucille BallVincent PriceGrace Kelly
Anastasia: Bette Davis, Lucille Ball, Vincent Price, Grace Kelly
Monty: Ah, Grace and Bette. Yes!



10. And finally, if you could be one movie character, who would it be and why?
Rear Window
Anastasia: I have always loved Grace Kelly’s role as Lisa Freemont in Rear Window. Smart and witty, exciting career in the fashion world, society gal, elegant, well-mannered, gorgeous and if all that wasn’t enough, she has the most divine wardrobe I have ever seen!
Monty: I believe Lisa Fremont to be Grace's best role. She was never better. Good choice Anastasia.

So that concludes Anastasia's guest stint this month on my blog. I hope everyone enjoyed having her be here, I know I did. And don't forget to check out her wonderful blog, Lily Lemontree some time. Merry Christmas to everyone this holiday season.




4 comments:

Anastasia Schembri said...

Thank you so much my friend for allowing me to guest post today, it was absolutely my honor!!

Bringing Lady Back said...

Ah! Classic films AND Lily Lemontree? I don't know you, but you've stolen my heart, Monty.

Loved this!

KC said...

I am so glad you are continuing this series Monty. It's great to read all the different answers.

Chantal Akkary said...

Very nice blogs both of you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails