SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hitchcock Film Tournament Update

In the 40's bracket, top seed Rebecca had to stage a last minute rally to defeat third seed Shadow of a Doubt 11-9 and move on to the final four. In the 50's bracket, we have our two semi-final matches set. Top seed Vertigo had little trouble with 8th seed I Confess 11-2. Second seed Rear Window shut out The Trouble With Harry 11-0. The Man Who Knew Too Much upset To Catch a Thief 8-6. And then Dial M For murder pulled  off an upset of third seed Strangers on A Train 9-4. So below are the semi-final matches set to begin today and run thru Monday 8 pm EST. Good news for Grace Kelly fans is that she still has two films in the tournament. Bad news is they play each other this round. I'm still miffed To Catch a Thief got knocked out. I have a photo from that film that I use as wallpaper on my computer screen at work. Oh well, at least Rear Window is still in the mix. Oh and I just realized Jimmy Stewart has to battle himself as Vertigo meets The Man Who Knew too Much. And actually he has three films left in the mix when you count Rear Window. So it's a safe bet to say he will have a film go on to the final four. Just a hunch.

50'S ERA SEMI-FINAL MATCH 1

1 VERTIGO (1958)



VS



5 THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (1956)
Doris Day



--------------------------------------------

50'S ERA SEMI-FINAL MATCH 2

2 REAR WINDOW (1954)
Grace Kelly and James Stewart


VS



6 DIAL M FOR MURDER (1954)
Anthony Dawson and Grace Kelly

1 comment:

Patti said...

Well, I am one of those 2 who voted for I Confess. Wonder who the other "odd man out" is?

As always, Monty, great tourney!!

(By the way, I was hoping to watch something in my DVR today, but since the Florida/Georgia game is on in an hour, I've been told "I can't have the TV." I think I'll swipe my husband's laptop and watch something on Net Flix. I NEED an old movie...almost as much as I need air!!

Enjoy the game...go DAWGS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails