SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Favorite Top 50 Classic Film Actresses (Revised and Expanded) #26-50

There are just so many great and wonderful classic actresses that my top 25 really only scratches the surface. I realized that while setting up the 2012 favorite classic actress tournament as we have the count at 128 and still missing out on tons of more actresses who are not in the field. So I decided to expand my favorite actress list to a top 50 that captures most of my favorites. I will break down this list into two parts and shall begin with number 50 and work my way up to number 1, which should be no surprise to all my friends and followers. But let's get started with the second 25 shall we..

50. VERA MILES















Favorite role: Lila Crane (PSYCHO)Favorite film: PSYCHO

49. MITZI GAYNOR
















Favorite role: Nellie Forbush (SOUTH PACIFIC)
Favorite film: LES GIRLS

48. JOAN CRAWFORD
















Favorite role: Crystal Allen (THE WOMEN)Favorite film: THE WOMEN

47. JEAN SIMMONS















Favorite role: Nancy Downes (DIVORCE AMERICAN STYLE)
Favorite film: THE GRASS IS GREENER


46. ANNE BAXTER















Favorite role: Eve Harrington (ALL ABOUT EVE)
Favorite film: ALL ABOUT EVE

45. LOUISE BROOKS















Favorite role: Lulu (PANDORA'S BOX)Favorite film: PANDORA'S BOX

44. DORIS DAY















Favorite role: Judy Adams (IT'S A GREAT FEELING)
Favorite film: SEND ME NO FLOWERS



43. LAUREN BACALL















Favorite role: Marie"Slim" Browning (TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT)
Favorite film: THE BIG SLEEP


42. LUCILLE BALL















Favorite role: Annabel Alison (THE AFFAIRS OF ANNABEL)
Favorite film: STAGE DOOR


41. GREER GARSON















Favorite role: Mrs. Miniver (MRS. MINIVER
Favorite film: MRS. MINIVER

40. GENE TIERNEY















Favorite role: Ellen Berent Harland (LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN)
Favorite film: LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN/THE GHOST & MRS. MUIR

39. GAIL PATRICK















Favorite role: Bianca Bates (MY FAVORITE WIFE)
Favorite film: MY  FAVORITE WIFE

38. GINGER ROGERS















Favorite role: Jean Maitland (STAGE DOOR)
Favorite film: STAGE DOOR/SWING TIME

37. GRETA GARBO















Favorite role: Ninotchka (NINOTCHKA)
Favorite film: NINOTCHKA

36. JOAN BENNETT
















Favorite role: Kitty March (SCARLET STREET)
Favorite film: FATHER OF THE BRIDE



35. RITA HAYWORTH















Favorite role: Gilda (GILDA)
Favorite film: GILDA

34. ROSALIND RUSSELL















Favorite role: Hildy Johnson (HIS GIRL FRIDAY)
Favorite film: HIS GIRL FRIDAY


33. MIRIAM HOPKINS















Favorite role: Becky Sharp (BECKY SHARP)Favorite film: THESE THREE

32. THELMA RITTER















Favorite role: Stella (REAR WINDOW)
Favorite film: ALL ABOUT EVE

31. ROMY SCHNEIDER















Favorite role: Janet Lagelof (GOOD NEIGHBOR SAM)
Favorite film: GOOD NEIGHBOR SAM


30. JANE GREER















Favorite role: Kathie (OUT OF THE PAST)
Favorite film: OUT OF THE PAST

29. CATHERINE DENEUVE















Favorite role: Severine Serizy (BELLE DE JOUR)
Favorite film: BELLE DE JOUR

28. JOAN BLONDELL















Favorite role: Rosie Sturges (KANSAS CITY PRINCESS)
Favorite film: GOLD DIGGERS OF 1933

27. HOPE LANGE















Favorite role: Caroline Bender (THE BEST OF EVERYTHING)
Favorite film: PEYTON PLACE


26. ELLA RAINES















Favorite role: Libby (HAIL THE CONQUERING HERO)
Favorite film: HAIL THE CONQUERING HERO)

2 comments:

Patti said...

What a great list of gals...a couple of them I've never even heard of. But you have really done some shifting around, haven't you? I seem to recall that Lauren Bacall and Gail Patrick have been on your top 20 list for awhile, and now they are lower.

I definitely know what you are saying, though, about needing to expand the lists. I'm that way about the actors. Last week, I was revising my lists a bit---not touching the top 5, but moving around the next several. I realized Van Heflin had suddenly jumped into my top 20...but I had to remove Joel McCrea to put Van there. It killed me to do that. And I realized, that besides Joel, what do I do with Stewart Granger, James Mason, Humphrey Bogart, Audie Murphy (yes, I really like him), Walter Pidgeon, Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum, William Powell, and Joseph Cotten, and a few others? All those guys are guys I enjoy watching. So, I now need at least a top 30 list.

Oh, and poor George Brent. He took a dive from #9 to about #17. Good thing he has a birthday next month. Since I'll be watching alot of his films, he may move back up.

So much great talent...so little time to watch it all!

Okay, enough rambling. Sorry for the long comment.

Kimberly J.M. Wilson said...

Greta Garbo & Catherine Deneuve have been dissed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails