SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lombard Cup Week Three Matches (Breakdowns)

Team Modern is down by 7 full points after two weeks to Team Classic. They need to win a lot of matches...quickly to get back in it. Let's see what will happen this week.



Match 11: Gary Cooper vs Gary Oldman
The battle of the Garys. Coop takes on the very popular Gary Oldman. Gary Cooper is one of those larger than life film stars of the golden era...loved by many. Oldman has a huge fanbase as well and has been in some of the biggest films of all time. Can you say Dark Knight and Harry Potter. I have recently became a fan of Cooper but I am leaning toward Oldman for this match. Please don't hate me Patti! I do think Coop will win this match though.











Match 12: Jack Lemmon vs Leonardo DiCaprio
Everyone loves Jack Lemmon..and I do mean everyone. I'm a big fan of him and Leo as well. But the edge has to go to Jack for this one. I mean, come on, we're talking Jack Lemmon here people. Sorry Leo.

















Match 13: Kirk Douglas vs Christopher Walken
The powerful on screen persona of Kirk Douglas goes head to head against the hyper and quirky Walken. I like Kirk in the majority of films he has done but I love Walken. I'm taking Chris for the upset in this one.














Match 14: William Holden vs Robert DeNiro
Now we get to the marquee match of this week. Golden Boy William Holden against Robert "Bobby" DeNiro. A dream match up to say the least. Holden is my 2nd favorite actor of all time, behind only Cary Grant. DeNiro is one of my top ten favorite modern actors. Kind of a close call for me but in the end I will go with Holden. I can hear Patti cheering loudly in the background.











Match 15: William Powell vs Samuel L. Jackson
The debonair Powell vs the volatile Jackson. One of the most unpredictable matches so far. Jackson is known for his fiery brand of acting while Powell is smooth and charming. I love both guys and I will have to think on this one.

So there you have it, five more matches set to begin tomorrow and run through Friday. Good luck to all the actors and thanks to everyone that has been voting in the Lombard Cup so far. 


Carole is here and supporting William for his match
Go Bill!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Wow, 2 of my most beloved guys in this round!! What fun!! You know where my heart is all the time...but especially in this round.

Oh, by the way, this round features 2 men I am completely unfamiliar with...Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson. Never heard of Oldman at all, and all that I know about Samuel L. Jackson is what I learned from a reference to him in Facing the Giants.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails