SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, June 14, 2013

Classic TV Actress of the Month: Mary Tyler Moore (Part 3)

Continuing with my spotlight on this month's classic TV actress, Mary Tyler Moore. Here are some personal quotes by Mary over the years.


Sometimes you have to get to know someone really well to realize you're really strangers.
There is a dark side. I tend not to be as optimistic as Mary Richards. I have an anger in me that I carry from my childhood experiences -- I expect a lot of myself and I'm not too kind to myself.
Diabetes is an all-too-personal time bomb which can go off today, tomorrow, next year, or 10 years from now - a time bomb affecting millions like me and the children here today.

I'm not an actress who can create a character. I play me.
There are certain things about me that I will never tell to anyone because I am a very private person. But basically what you see is who I am. I'm independent, I do like to be liked, I do look for the good side of life and people. I'm positive, I'm disciplined, I like my life in order, and I'm neat as a pin. I love order and discipline. God, I sound like a Nazi don't I?
[about her pit bull Spanky]: He has, as with some dogs that have been written about, the ability to sense when things are off in their owners, their masters, whatever we're calling them in this day and age. He can tell when my blood sugar is dipping low.
[on throwing her hat in the air for the title shots for "Mary Tyler Moore" (1970)]: "It was a hat that my aunt had given me for Christmas, and I brought it with me because they said: 'Be sure and dress warm. It's going to be freezing in Minneapolis.' So - I forget which writer it was - but we were all outside, and he said: 'You know what would be good? If you take that hat, the beret, and throw it in the air.' "


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what she says about being a Nazi! Nothing could be further from the truth, I'm sure! I've been really getting into the MTM show lately. I've seen them all before but I'm on a sort of Betty White kick right now so I'm rewatching MTM season 6. Good fun!

Silver Screenings said...

What's not to love about MTM? She's charismatic on screen and makes every outfit look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails