SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Getting to know Monty

Well, here it is...a new month and for my monthly series, Be My Guest, I decided to interview myself to let all my followers know more about me. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. Anyway I tweaked some of my questions from my previous month's guest bloggers and added a few more. So let's get started.

Who are my Top 5 favorite actors/actresses?







Cary Grant


















Carole Lombard














Irene Dunne







William Holden


















Elizabeth Montgomery
(I know technically she is not a classic movie star actress but what can I say, Elizabeth is awesome!)











What are my favorite films?

His Girl Friday
Bringing Up Baby
The Lady Vanishes
Cat On A Hot Tin Roof
The Thin Man
The Best Years of our Lives
My Favorite Wife

Describe your first classic movie experience

It's kind of weird but the first classic movie I ever saw turns out to be my favorite film of all time. I couldn't have been more than 13 or 14 and was watching Nick at Nite. This was when Nickeloden used to air classic tv shows like Donna Reed, Hazel, etc during the week-nights. And then around 10 or so, they would show classic movies. The two films I recall seeing first..one was The Stork Club and I didn't watch the whole movie. But the other one was an instant favorite for me...His Girl Friday. I thought that movie was hilarious from beginning to end. And still to this day, I watch it several times a year. It's just funny that the first classic movie I ever saw completely would end up being my favorite film ever.


Describe the perfect way for you to watch a classic movie.

In my living room, on my sofa, watching them on my 42 inch HDTV. Pure bliss.

What is your favorite classic movie decade?

The 1930's mainly for the reason of that's when screwball comedies (my favorite genre) were at their zenith.
And the musicals were pretty good too.

Any current stars who catch my fancy?

Sandra Bullock, Denzel Washington, Leo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow

What is your favorite movie quote? Kind of hard to narrow down a favorite so I will list a few:

Crystal Allen: "There's a name for you ladies, but it isn't used in high society-outside of a kennel". - THE WOMEN

Mortimer Brewster: "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops". - ARSENIC & OLD LACE

Joe Gillis: "There's nothing tragic about being fifty. Not unless you're trying to be twenty-five". - SUNSET BOULEVARD

What is your favorite film series?

Ah, an easy one..that would be The Thin Man. A great series that always entertains me. I've had several Thin Man marathons over the years and they never get old.



What stars, besides your favorites, would you have loved to have met in person?

Deborah Kerr, Dean Martin, Grace Kelly


If you could be any movie character, who would it be and why?

Man, these are some hard questions I gave you guys. I'm going to go with Lt. Willie Calhoun in Union Station, as played by William Holden. Just because he was a take charge, no bs kind of guy. Not macho, but confident. That's who I would choose.

So there you have it..my favorites and some of my history of classic movies and stars. I hope everyone enjoyed my little experiment and I can't wait for some of your comments.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a nice idea to interview yourself Monty!!
I cant find fault with any of your answers and well done for including Elizabeth Montgomery, I've been a fan of hers ever since I was a kid.

Dawn said...

Monty, You have a great list of favorites!! I just watched the film, The Lady Vanishes, for the first time last week. I really enjoyed it.

KC said...

Haha--now you know how tough your questions were! I admire you for answering them yourself though. It was nice to learn more about you!

Irene Palfy said...

Gracia Patricia, "The English Rose", "King Leer" (if you pardon that I quote Life magazin - I would refer to him as King of Cool..) and the Count of Classic Cinema: I'd love to be on a party with all of you (though I would be standing in a corner giggling moronicly and blushing..) - what an excellent choice of stars to meet!

I love the picture of William Holden that you did choose - Elizabeth Montgomery is great!

I enjoyed reading your answers to your questions very much!

And now I will soon go to bed humming this catchy tune: "Getting to know you - getting to know all about you..." ;")

monty said...

Thanks guys for the cool compliments. It was fun doing this interview of myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails