SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Be My Guest - Irene: Question #2 - Name Some of Your Favorite Classic Films

I had misplaced these answers from Irene earlier but she resent then and here they go:

2. Name at least 10 of your favorite films.



HA! “At least 10”!!! (You now may start a new blog – because I am going to fill any space left of this one.. *please insert evil laughter* No! I am going to behave. ;”) Again in no particular order:


Joan Crawford and Ann Blyth


MILDRED PIERCE (1945)


NOW VOYAGER (1942)


BORN YESTERDAY (1950)


THE WOMEN (1939)


SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)
Cotten and Teresa Wright
SHADOW OF A DOUBT (1943)


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? (1962)


GENTLEMAN’S AGREEMENT (1947)


THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES (1946)


A LETTER TO THREE WIVES (1949)


42nd STREET (1933)


NIAGARA (1953)


IMITATION OF LIFE (1959)
The Prince and the Showgirl
THE PRINCE AND THE SHOWGIRL (1957)


A SLIGHT CASE OF MURDER (1938)


WAIT UNTIL DARK (1967)


M (1931)


BETWEEN TWO WORLDS (1944)


HOLIDAY


THE SNAKE PIT (1948)


ARSENIC AND OLD LACE (1944)
Priscilla Lane and Cary Grant







4 comments:

Patti said...

Ah, Now, Voyager, my favorite movie of all-time!! Totally love that one. Also, The Best Years of Our Lives and Imitation of Life are on my list as well, though my version of the latter movie is the 30's one.

You have several other films on your list that I also really like, even if they're not faves. But you also have several others I haven't seen yet...gotta get to it, especially "The Women," which you have mentioned before, and "Niagara," which is sitting in my DVR right now, just waiting to be watched.

Thanks for sharing this great list of films, Irene.

Dawn said...

Awesome list.. You named some of my favorite classic films.

Desiree said...

I also adooore Some Like it Hot, The Women, Born Yesterday, 42nd Street, The Best Years of Our Lives (I have to admit, all I have to do is SEE the title and I get teary-eyed).... Love, love Snake Pit and Arsenic and Old Lace (one of the best Cary Grant comedies in my opinion!...) Such a great list, Irene! It must be so hard to choose :)

Irene Palfy said...

Oh - it was hard to choose, Desiree - and there are soo many more I love.. ;")

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails