SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Romy Schneider (1938-1982)


Austrian actress Romy Schneider has quickly become one of my favorite actresses in the few movies I have seen of hers. Recently in Good Neighbor Sam, co-starring Jack Lemmon and What's New Pussycat with Peter Sellers and Peter O'Toole. Up to number three on my favorite actress list. September 23rd marks her birthday, or what would have been her birthday. She died from cardiac arrest at the age of 43. Me and my best friend Irene Palfy have had many a conversation about her. She is an awesome actress indeed! Happy Birthday Romy! We still have all the wonderful films you did to enjoy.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

TCM showed Good Neighbor Sam not too long ago, last month maybe? I caught it and was so happy to see Romy in it. I'm vaguely familiar with her but not too much...I had no idea she passed away so young. She was so beautiful!

Laura said...

Monty, have you seen Romy in the three SISSI movies or THE STORY OF VICKIE? They are German language films she made in the '50s which are absolutely wonderful -- you can rent them from Netflix.

Her mother Magda is in the movies too.

Best wishes,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails