SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, September 24, 2012

Personal Quotes by Joan Crawford

Every month when I choose my classic movie goddess, one of the things I like to do is list some of her favorite personal quotes as supplied by IMDB. So here we go with Miss Joan letting it all go...and the first one is a doozy!


I need sex for a clear complexion, but I'd rather do it for love.

[In The Women (1939)] Norma Shearer made me change my costume sixteen times because every one was prettier than hers. I love to play bitches and she helped me in this part.

Love is fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.


Nobody can imitate me. You can always see impersonations of Katharine Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. But not me. Because I've always drawn on myself only.
I think the most important thing a woman can have -- next to talent, of course, is -- her hairdresser.
You have to be self-reliant and strong to survive in this town. Otherwise you will be destroyed.

Recently I heard a 'wise guy' story that I had a party at my home for twenty-five men. It's an interesting story, but I don't know twenty-five men I'd want to invite to a party.
Send me flowers while I'm alive. They won't do me a damn bit of good after I'm dead.
Not that anyone cares, but there's a right and wrong way to clean a house.

There was a saying around MGM: "Norma Shearer got the productions, Greta Garbo supplied the art, and Joan Crawford made the money to pay for both".
If you've earned a position, be proud of it. Don't hide it. I want to be recognized. When I hear people say, "Joan Crawford!" I turn around and say, "Hi! How are you?"
If you're going to be a star, you have to look like a star, and I never go out unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door.

I'll say one thing...Joan definitely told it like it was!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quotes from one strong lady. They don't make them like that anymore.

Unknown said...

Great Quotes and great pictures..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails