SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Cary Grant (1904-1986)


Today marks Cary Grant's birthday. He is without a doubt my favorite actor of all time. And as I imagine, he is probably a lot of people's favorite actor. A perfect example of sophistication and charm. He was a master of screwball comedies, which is my favorite genre. He shines in such notable classics like Bringing Up Baby, The Awful Truth, Arsenic and Old Lace, His Girl Friday, My Favorite Wife and lots more. He also excelled in films for Hitchcock...To Catch A Thief, Notorious, Suspicion, and North By Northwest. He could do anything as he had excellent range. Drama, comedy, suspense, even military films like Destination Tokyo, and action yarns like Gunga Din. So looks like it will be a Cary Grant viewing weekend for me. Which suits me just fine. Happy Birthday Cary!

3 comments:

Patti said...

Happy birthday to Cary, a man, who, like fine wine, improved with age. Such a dashing, handsome, gallant fellow!! I think I will enjoy a Cary film this weekend too, though I'm not sure if it will be "Penny Serenade" or "Room for One More."

Have a great day, Monty!!

FlickChick said...

I'm having a piece of cake in Cary's honor.

Silver Screenings said...

I've been trying to decide what is my fave Cary Grant movie, and I can't. I'll just have to join FlickChick instead and have a piece of cake in his honour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails