SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

All Good Things 2012 In Review

As 2012 comes to a close, I figure now would be a good time to look back at some of the highlights that took place here on All Good Things. I've broken things down by month. So let's get started with January.

JANUARY



Lauren Bacall

Lauren Bacall kicked off the new year as my classic goddess of the month. I wrote a piece about the "H" letter films done by Paul Newman such as Hud, Harper and Cool Hand Luke. I started a new photo series called Tea Anyone, focusing on classic stars drinking or sharing their love of tea. The top post for the month was Things To Know About Lauren Bacall with 696 views.   poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/01/things-to-know-about-lauren-bacall Impressive Ms. Bacall..impressive.

FEBRUARY



Jean looking fabulous

Jean Harlow graced the month of February as the classic goddess of the month.  I did a Valentine Day linkup with my friend Kori over at Blonde Episodes. The most viewed post was my Top 50 favorite classic actresses list (revised) with 662 views.poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-favorite-top-50-classic-film I also wrote this funny little story about how we classic fans are a rare breed. Check it out here:  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/02/joan-whoa-funny-little-story


MARCH 



Ginger wins it all

March Madness was back with my 2nd Annual Favorite Classic Movie Actress Tourney and it was much bigger. In fact I went from 64 contestants to 128. So large in fact I had to get help from two blogging buddies, Mythical Monkey and Desiree. By far my most ambitious project to date and one of the main posts yielded over 1200 views. WOW!  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/03/2012-favorite-classic-movie-actress Ginger Rogers would eventually win the tourney continuing the tradition of a 30's era actress being champion. Irene Dunne won it in 2011. The tourney pretty much took over my blog but I still had time for Teresa Wright as my classic movie goddess of the month. And my contribution to the Gone Too Soon Blogathon with my piece on Natalie Wood.  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/03/gone-too-soon-Natalie Wood

APRIL



Christmas came early as Christmas in Connecticut won a Montie
as Best Film of 1945

April was a quiet month. Well compared to March. The iconic Greta Garbo was my goddess for the month. I finally got back to my Monties, my version of the Oscars with my 1945 edition. Christmas in Connecticut was the big winner. And my morning movie spotlight on The Night of the Iguana was tops with readers with 924 views.  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/04/morning-movie-night-of-iguana-1964


MAY



Anne Baxter

I started a blogathon called Cinematic Wold Tour, which used films as travel spots and locales. It ran all summer and I think it was successful enough to warrant it for a yearly occasion. Anne Baxter was the goddess of the month. And the be my guest feature with my friend Lori Kemp was the top post of the month with 241 views.  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/05/be-my-guest-lori-kemp


JUNE



Jean Arthur

I started yet another a new series, called My Hollywood Crushes. And my first selection was Cindy Williams of Laverne and Shirley fame. Jean Arthur was my goddess for the month. My summer photo series, At The Beach, returned to the highest viewed post of the month with 470 views of the sexy Anne Francis. poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/06/summer-lovin-anne-francis 


JULY



Rita Hayworth

Rita Hayworth stormed into the month of July as my classic goddess. Perfect timing as I posted about her quite frequently. My Childhood crushes for the month were Jenny Agutter and Catherine Mary Stewart, they netted the most views with 516 and 584 respectively. poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-childhood-crushes-6-catherine-mary

AUGUST



One of my favorite new films

The summer was winding down and I started the month of August with my annual 31 Stars in 31 Days, spotlighting a different classic star each and every day. Such notable stars this time around included Grace Kelly, Errol Flynn and Natalie Wood among others. And a modern film, the animated Brave led all posts with 614 views.  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/08/brave-2012-is-pure-cinema-magic

SEPTEMBER



My good friend Jessica Ellen Rowe from Australia

I love when things work out so perfectly. My classic goddess of the month and my guest of the month go hand in hand. Joan Crawford is one of my good friends favorite actresses and Jessica Ellen Rowe made for a delightful month. Her stint also yielded the most views for this month with 249. poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/09/be-my-guest-jessica-ellen-rowe


OCTOBER



Now you can add tourney winner to Grace's list of achievements

October proved to be a very busy month for me. First I had a new tourney going on, this one dedicated to the leading ladies of Alfred Hitchcock films. Grace Kelly finally snatched her first ever tourney trophy after coming so close twice before in my fave classic actress tourney. William Powell and Myrna Loy walked into my Hall of Fame. And my annual spotlight on the women of Hammer Horror Films return to a big response in Caroline Munro's post of 136 views, 2nd most for the month.  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-women-of-hammer-films-caroline-munro


NOVEMBER



Team Classic put a beat down on Team Modern

My first annual Lombard Cup tourney began, pitting a team of classic era actors against modern era actors. Team Classic walloped those guys by the count of 16 and 1/2 points to 4 and 1/2 points. Natch, it was the most viewed post for the month with 107.  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-lombard-cup-detailsteam-classic-vs
Jane Wyman was my goddess for the month. And my fall photo series returned with some great pics of classic stars in the lovely autumn weather.

DECEMBER



Walter and Hildy went to the tourney and came
home winners

And I wrapped up 2012 with surprise, another tourney. This one for favorite screwball film. Winner...His Girl Friday, which happens to be my all time favorite film ever.  poohtiger-allgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-first-round-of-favorite-screwball My good friend Alicia Garbo from Facebook was my guest for the month. And my Holiday Cheer photo series returned with some cool holiday pics.

All in all, 2012 was a pretty good year in blogging for me. My pace from that record setting year in 2011 was way off. I only did 470 posts this year,compared to that mammoth 731 I did in 2011. Still it was my second best year ever, 100 more posts than the next closest year. I expect 2013 to be probably around that same mark of 400 + posts as I don't see me ever getting to that 700 plateau ever again. I would like to thank everyone who stopped by to check out my blog and I promise to keep things just as exciting in 2013.



My love of classic films is beyond measure

Monty

2 comments:

ClassicBecky said...

What a great year you had, Monty! Entertaining, fun, gorgeous pictures! Of course I'm partial to the one with The Great Flynn! Here's to another good year!

Silver Screenings said...

Yes, it does look like you had a great year. Here's to 2013!

(Lucille Ball = good choice for January!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails