SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Classic Movie Actor Tournament Play-In Match



The classic movie actor tournament officially kicks off on Monday, May 30th. But I am having one play-in match beginning tonight. It was an oversight on my part that Alec Guinness did not make the 64 man cut. Well I've decided to put him in the 1950's era where he had such success with The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Lavender Hill Mob, and The Ladykillers to name a few. He will face off against Richard Burton for the last spot in the 50's era bracket. Talk about a tough first match. It should be a very exciting one too. I know there are so many more actors that I could have listed but this 64 man limit is hard. Maybe next year I can expand it like I'm doing for the womens. Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that next year's actress tournament will now feature 128 women. That should get just about every major actress and then some. Anyway the poll is open now and will run to Sunday 5pm EST. Good luck to both actors.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

This one is HARD. I really can't decide who I like more. I guess I will vote for who I think will be the underdog. :)

Desiree said...

Can't wait for Monday. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails