SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, September 5, 2011

My Favorite Things About SHIRLEY JONES

As promised here is the new format I mentioned in an earlier post about my classic movie goddesses. I will start listing  my favorite things about that particular actress for the month, in this case, Shirley Jones. The reasons I like her and so forth. So here we go.

1. In most of her films, Shirley was always cheerful and friendly.

2. Showed great dramatic range in Elmer Gantry for which she won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar.

3. One of my favorite TV moms as Shirley Partridge.

4. Naturally gifted musical and comical skills.

5. Always wore the loveliest dresses. And she even made those gaudy outfits she wore on the Partridge Family work.

6. Made several good westerns such as Two Rode Together (1961) and The Cheyenne Social Club (1970).


7. Great musicals in Oklahoma, Carousel, and The Music Man.

8. And Shirley just rocks...period.

1 comment:

Irene Palfy said...

9. She shares a birthday with one of my (=Irene Palfy's) best friends.. ;"p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails