SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Roddy McDowall (1928 - 1998)

Lassie says it's time for school Roddy...

It's my birthday? How grand!


Happy Birthday to Roddy McDowall, one of my favorite actors. One of the few actors who started their career as a child and progressed into a successful adult career as well. His best known films included How Green Was My Valley (1941), My Friend Flicka (1943), The White Cliffs of Dover (1944), Midnight Lace (1960), Cleopatra (1963) and Planet Of The Apes (1968). Modern audiences got a kick of him playing TV host/vampire slayer Peter Vincent in the Fright Films of the 80's. And lifelong friend to Elizabeth Taylor. Roddy passed away at the age of 70 to lung cancer.

1 comment:

Irene Palfy said...

Oh, he is great!! Another one of my favourites!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails