SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Favorite Things I love about Jean Arthur

A new month means a new classic movie goddess. And it's Jean Arthur. And here is my favorite things that I love about her.




1. One of my favorite screwball comediennes. She starred in some of the best of the screwball genre like Easy Living (1937), The Devil and Miss Jones (1941), The More The Merrier (1943) and Too Many Husbands (1940).


2. For my money, she was the best actress to appear in the films of Frank Capra in You Can't Take It With You (1938) and Mr. Smith Goes To Washington (1939).


3. That wonderful, endearing voice of hers.


4. Her versatility...comedies, dramas, westerns...she was adept in everything she did.

5. A class act all the way.

6. Simply beautiful!

My love of classic films is beyond measure

Monty

2 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Love her voice, too.. Played it to a friend who said: "You have a thing goin on for squeaky voices - haven't you?" Squeaky?? Oh..please.. ;")

Lasso The Movies said...

Thanks for the post on Jean Arthur. I have just recently started enjoying her movies. Somehow I went years without seeing much of her, but now I am making up for lost time. She is absolutely adorable as well as being extremley beautiful. Thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails