SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's back! The 2nd Annual Favorite Classic Actress Tournament returns in March


Another year and another tournament. My favorite classic actress tournament went over so well last year that I am doing it again. And this year will be even bigger. Last year a lot of actresses got left out because I had to limit the number to 64 so the format would work out evenly. And to make it work out like last year I had to double the amount to another even number again. So now it's 128 actresses. But to make this work, I had to enlist some help. Trying to do this on my own would have been a logistical nightmare. So John of Mythical Monkey  mythicalmonkey and Desiree of Rosalind Russell rosalind russell:dazzling star will be helping me pull off the tournament this year. John will handle the 30’s era. Desiree will take care of the 40’s. And I will be responsible for the 50’s and 60’s. Each era will take place on each person’s blog and at the same time. So it will have a nice flow to the tournament and each era won’t have to wait for the other era like last year. I will do the 60’s era on my blog here and do the 50’s era on my friend Dawn’s blog, Noir and Chick Flicks noir and chick flicks. I have chosen the date of Monday March 5th to kick things off. I need to talk to John and Desiree about the length of each round. I’m thinking 3 to 4 days for each round should be sufficient time. Anyway I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that the tournament is coming. And it should be a grand time. Last year Irene Dunne won the whole thing. Let’s see if she can repeat that magic again. This time against a larger field. I for one, can’t wait.


Irene Dunne, 2011's champion returns to defend her title

3 comments:

Mythical Monkey said...

I've got my brackets ready to go and am collecting photos to go with the thumbnail biographies.

Should be the most fun we'll have all year -- blogging-wise, that is!

Dawn said...

This going to be a lot of fun.. I can not wait!!

Patti said...

Last year's tourney was such fun, and I know this year's is going to be even more exciting. Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails