SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Be My Guest - Desiree (Part 3)

Welcome back to Be My Guest with Desiree for the final set of questions. I want to thank Desiree for being my guest for this month as I think we all enjoyed her being here. Let's get to it...

Monty: What is your favorite classic film series?
Desiree: My favorite movie series by far is The Thin Man series. It’s absolutely perfect and hilarious and suspenseful in every single film. I think it is a brilliant series and without it, I would never come to adore William Powell and Myrna Loy as much as I do, since they are forever my favorite onscreen couple. The dialogue is absolutely delicious and it’s a joy all the way through.


Monty: The Thin Man has been the choice for most of my guests including myself. You just can't go wrong with Nick and Nora..and Asta.


Monty: What's your favorite genre?
Desiree: My favorite movie genre has always been comedy. 99 times out of 100, I will want to laugh and not cry. Laughing gets me through hard times and laughing makes me feel so good about life and everything around me. Being happy is the best feeling in the world and laughing at hilarious comedies is one way to make me very happy.
Monty: I can't argue with that choice. I love comedies, especially screwball comedies.
Monty: What classic stars would you have love to met in person?

Desiree: First and foremost, I would have loved to meet Rosalind Russell. She is my favorite actress and a real inspiration to me. She seems to down-to-earth and witty, and would probably be a delight to meet and chat with. I know she was a very talkative, enthusiastic person and I would have loved to meet her and get her autograph. Besides Roz, I would have loved to meet Melvyn Douglas, James Stewart, Myrna Loy, Joan Blondell, Irene Dunne, and William Powell. These are stars that I admire and idolize a great deal and whom do not seem as intimidating to meet.
Monty: All great choices Desiree..I would have imagined Roz would have been awesome to meet.

Monty: And finally, what is your favorite movie character? the one you can identify with the most?
Desiree: This is by far the most difficult question for me, and it took a lot of thinking on my part. My favorite movie character of all time is Mame Dennis from Auntie Mame. I think she is too perfect for words—hilarious, strong-willed, kind, unconventional, but also with some delightful flaws like her naiveté at times. I would love to be like Auntie Mame, but I know I am not. My mom would like to say that I identify the most with Barbara Stanwyck's "Listen Sistah" character in "Ladies They Talk About" but that's just an inside joke. I think the character I identify with the most is Nora Charles from the Thin Man movies. The reason for this is because she is so likeable to me—such a down-to-earth (a quality I really like), strong woman, and funny and kind as well. The banter between her and William Powell is just the best and I know I’d like to have a relationship like that someday.  To me, Nora Charles couldn’t possibly be a more likeable or admirable character and I’m sure all women can relate to her as well, even if they are not as witty or as wealthy as her.
Monty: Nora Charles...I can see that. Very cool. And once again thank you Desiree for being my guest


I hope everyone enjoyed this month's chat with Desiree. Next month's guest shall be Clara of Via Margutta 51. See ya then!

3 comments:

Patti said...

A huge thank you to Desiree for sharing with us this month.

I have to agree with her about William Powell and Myrna Loy. Wow, did they have fabulous chemistry together. While I prefer their dramas (I'm a drama gal, not a comedy one), I DO recognize how totally incredible they were in The Thin Man series.

Thanks again, Desiree! By the way, I LOVE your name. It was always one of my choices for a daughter's name, but in the end, I decided on Gabrielle.

Renata said...

Haha I guess I'm the only person in the world that doesn't care very much about The Thin Man movies :'( bad me :P

But yayy for Desi =) I love my friend so much!!

Unknown said...

hey, I never commented on this! This was my favorite part of the interview, I think... was fun to read again... I think some of the words I used are funny, actually... and thank you to Patti, even though it was 2011 lol, for saying she loves my name haha... and I love Rena so much too ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails