SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Classic Stars Match Play #8 - Claudette 'The Gilded Lily' Colbert vs Loretta 'The Farmer's Daughter' Young

The next match play features two of the greatest classic actresses of all time...Claudette Colbert and Loretta Young. Both had long running careers and both won Oscars for Best Actresses. I think they are evenly matched and this should be a thrilling match. Voting begins immediately and runs through Sunday 2 pm EST. Good luck to both women. I know I will have to think on this one a little before I vote.

LORETTA YOUNG


Name: Gretchen Michaela Young
Birth Date: January 6, 1913 (Salt Lake City, Utah)
Height: 5 '6"
Academy Awards: 2 nominations, 1 win (Best Actress - The Farmer's Daughter)

Monties: none so far
My favorite Loretta film: The Bishop's Wife
Match Play record: this is Loretta's first match



CLASSIC STARS MATCH PLAY


CLAUDETTE COLBERT

Name: Emilie Claudette Chauchoin
Birth Date: September 13, 1903 (Saint-Mande, Seine, France)
Height: 5 '4 1/2"
Academy Awards: 2 nominations, 1 win (Best Actress - It Happened One Night)
Monties: 2 nominations, 0 wins so far
My favorite Claudette film: a tie between It Happened One Night and The Palm Beach Story
Match Play record: 2-1 (beat Louise Brooks and Norma Shearer before losing to Irene Dunne in
the favorite classic actress tournament)




3 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, Monty, what a fabulous match!!

I like them both...and almost completely evenly...it's going to be tough to choose between them.

monty said...

Yes it is Patti...and I like them both too.

Emily Hernandez said...

Looks like I am alone on the vote for Loretta! She was so beautiful, inside and out. My grandmother was friends with her in their late years. So wish I could have met her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails