SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Childhood Crushes #6 - Catherine Mary Stewart

As Gwen in Weekend at Bernie's (1989)

I recently bought the 1984 film The Last Starfighter on blu-ray and it has brought back tons of memories. One of my favorite movies from my childhood and it's still an awesome movie. And it features my next childhood crush..Canadian born Catherine Mary Stewart. Now I can't remember exactly what I first saw her in. She appeared on the popular soap Days of Our Lives in 1982 playing the pivotal character of Kayla Brady. I think I kind of remember her from that, but not really because another actress took over that role the following year and became super popular. She had two movies in 1984 which I both saw and immediately fell in love. As Maggie in The Last Starfighter and Regina in Night of the Comet, both sci-fi films. She was around 24 at the time, a full ten years older than me, but I wasn't thinking about our age differences. Just wanted this lovely girl to be my girlfriend. No one rocked the big feathered look of the 80's better than Catherine!


As Maggie in The Last Starfighter (1984)

As Regina in Night of the Comet (1984)

As Bunny in Mischief (1985)

She would also appear in the 1985 teen comedy Mischief and 1989's Weekend at Bernies and then a host of TV movies and spots on regular TV series, but by then she was already one of my favorites. The beautiful and very talented Catherine Mary Stewart.




Pics of Catherine today...





6 comments:

Kristen said...

Love Night of the Comet, such amazing cheesy 80s goodness!

Patti said...

I was a DAYS addict from 1976 until about 1996, and I definitely remember Kayla Brady. I do recall Catherine Mary Stewart in the role...I think she originated it. But far and away, Mary Beth Evans is THE Kayla I remember. Her romance with Steve "Patch" Johnson and their song "Lady in Red" were a huge part of my life.

I wouldn't really recognize Catherine Mary from her current photos. I wonder, would people recognize me from 25+ years ago?

Tom Ryan said...

so cool to read this on Catherine. I run the official fan site along with Catherine on facebook and we would love to invite you to join us - would also love to post this on the site Check it out www.facebook.com/catherinemarystewart

Anonymous said...

This is so cool!! Thank you for all your kind remarks. Join me on my Face Book page @ https://www.facebook.com/catherinemarystewart. I'm on every day talking and keeping everyone up to date as to what I'm up to. I would love to talk to you there!
Catherine Mary Stewart

Manni said...

As being a big fan of CMS, including her films Night of the Comet, Last Statfighter, Weekend at Bernie's. CMS looks great today as she did back in the days! tge one person i would like to meet for a coffee and chat! that would be a dream come true for me.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails