SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

AT THE BEACH: AUDREY HEPBURN

The always fair and beautiful Audrey Hepburn looking so colorful at the beach....
Check out those huge sunglasses...and the cute short hair cut...

 Some of you may find this hard to believe but at first when I started watching classic movies many years ago, I wasn't too crazy about Audrey. I really wasn't feeling her at all. But a strange thing happened that turned the tide. It was one film and one actor that brought out Audrey in a different light to me. The film was CHARADE and the actor was Cary Grant. I thought the movie which was kind of a light Hitchcock thriller was just so entertaining and I saw Audrey in a new way. After that, I was hooked on seeing more Audrey films and even re-watching the ones I didn't like the first time. But I still don't like Breakfast at Tiffany's. Sorry to all the Tiffany fans but I just can't get into that one. So everyone just relax on this Wednesday and if you can't make it to the beach, at least watch an Audrey Hepburn film to make so day go by that much better.

3 comments:

Emily Hernandez said...

You have inspired me to watch "Two For The Road" again. Thanks Monty! And I forgive you for not loving Tiffany's, even though it is one of my all time favorites!

Amanda said...

Staying in and watching an Audrey Hepburn movie was just what I did today! Charade was indeed a fun film, and I'm glad it got you to rethink Audrey. While I do like Breakfast at Tiffany's, it is a little overhyped. My favorite Audrey film is definitely How to Steal A Million, I just adore her with Peter O'Toole :)

Irene Palfy said...

Haha! - I am really impressed what Cary Grant is able to do.. ;")

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails