SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, August 6, 2011

SPENDING THE EVENING WITH LUCY....


In honor of her birthday and coinciding with Summer Under The Stars, TCM has dedicated 24 hours of nothing but films starring Lucille Ball. I missed most of them that aired today but plan to catch some tonight. Beginning with one of my all time favorite films, Stage Door (1937) at 8 pm. Now I own this film and have seen it dozens of time but can easily watch it again. Lucy's part is a gem as she and Eve Arden get to say all the wise-cracks either of them could ever want. Katherine Hepburn and Ginger Rogers may be the bigger stars in the film but Lucy does not go un-noticed. Later on is Easy To Wed (1946), the remake of Libeled Lady and co-stars Esther Williams and Van Johnson. I have never seen this film but my good friend Dawn is always telling me about it. So I definitely want to watch this one. And then for a nightcap, is the double bill of the two screwball films Lucy did about a starlet named Annabel whose agent (Jack Oakie) constantly puts her through one hilarious publicity stunt after another. So my night is filled as I plan to spend time with a certain redhead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails