SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Be My Guest - Lorie

After a short two month hiatus from my regular monthly series Be My Guest, my friend and co-worker Lorie has graciously accepted the invitation to talk about her favorite classic movies and other things. So without further delay, here we go.

1.) Name your ten favorite classic movie actors/actresses.

Lorie: Cary Grant, Vivien Leigh, Barbara Stanwyck, Jimmy Stewart, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Judy Garland, Lucille Ball, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby.

Me: Once Lorie led off with Cary Grant, it was all good. I have no arguments with her other choices as well. I especially love Babs, Jimmy, Bob, Audrey, Vivien and Lucy.

2.) Name at least 10 of your favorite films.

Lorie: Bringing Up Baby, Father Goose, The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer, Gone With The Wind, Meet Me In St. Louis, It's A Wonderful Life, My Fair Lady, The Wizard Of Oz, Son Of Paleface, White Christmas.

Me: Awesome list Lorie, especially the first three, which happen to feature my man Cary. I knew My Fair Lady, It's A Wonderful Life and Gone With The Wind were your favorites as much as you have talked about them at work.

3.) Describe your first classic movie experience

Lorie: My mom introduced me to My Fair Lady as a teen-ager and that's when I fell in love with classic movies and Audrey Hepburn. We still watch that movie around Thanksgiving every year.

Me: That's great Lorie. My Fair Lady is a great first movie to get anyone hooked on classic movies.

4.) Describe the perfect way for you to watch a classic movie.

Lorie: Of course you have to watch classic movies with someone that appreciates the classics. The movies were so simple-they didn't have all of the special effects, the blood and gore, etc. But they always kept you yearning for more. You also have to have a bowl of popcorn to enjoy a good movie.

Me: I agree Lorie. I don't think too many movies of today will be remembered 30-40 years from now with the same reverence as the classics of yesterday.

5.) What is your favorite classic movie decade?

Lorie: The movies of the 40's, 50's and 60's are definitely my favorites. I don't know if I could honestly say that I prefer one decade over the other.

Me: Can't argue with any of those choices. I'm partial to the 30's but I love all older movies so all the decades are fine with me.

6.) Name a few of your favorite modern actors/actresses

Lorie: Julia Roberts, Amy Adams, Nicholas Cage, Debra Messing

Me: I like all those you named especially Nic and Debra.

7.) Name a few of your favorite modern films

Lorie: The Family Man, Pretty Woman, Enchanted, The Wedding Date

Me: I recently saw The Wedding Date and me and Stephanie loved it. Of course I remember Pretty Woman when it first came out. Made Julia a star. Good movie, especially with her friend Kit.

8.) What is your favorite movie quote?

Lorie: One of my favorite movie quotes is one that is used entirely way too often. But it's such a classic and a favorite so I had to go with it. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

Monty: Great choice. And what made that quote by Rhett so good was that he had the perfect set up for it after Scarlett asks "Rhett... if you go, where shall I go, what shall I do?" And then Rhett comes back with his killer response.

9.) What stars besides your favorites would you have love to have met in person?

Lorie: Danny Kaye, Bette Davis

Me: Good choices once again Lorie.

10.) What's your favorite genre?

Lorie: Comedy - especially the movies with the team of Bob Hope and Bing Crosby.

Me: Comedy is my favorite genre as well. And Hope and Crosby did make a great team

Well that concludes my monthly be my guest post and I would like to thank Lorie for coming by to answer a few questions. I hope everyone enjoyed her guest appearance and I will be back next month with another friend to join in on the fun.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I really enjoyed reading Lorie's responses to your questions. LOVE that quote from GWTW. And since I am sometimes a procrastinator, I also like the other classic line from that film, "After all, tomorrow is another day."

I had to say how much I agree about the special effects between that era and today. Because movies then didn't have all the technology that made for intense special effects, the actors/actresses HAD to be really good. Now, I think, a mediocre actor/actress gets by because of the "wow" factor of all the special effects. Just give me the acting of the good old days!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails