Sunday, January 19, 2014
The SILENT ACTRESS TOURNEY is underway...
Here we go...the start to our Favorite Silent Actress Tourney. It was my friend Catherine Bellamy who came up with the idea and we will be hosting this event together. She will handle the Josie and Maria brackets while I will take care of the Desiree and Stephen brackets. And if you're wondering, she named the brackets after some of her friends. She will begin her matches a little later this afternoon. Here's the link to her wonderful blog to go cast your votes when the time comes: http://obscurecinemamagic.wordpress.com/To vote here, the polls are in the usual location, on the right hand sidebar. And remember it is one vote per match and this first round will run through Thursday evening. Let's have some fun! In the match-ups below I tried to list the film in which the actress is most known for.
The Desiree Bracket
1. Mary Pickford (Coquette,1929)
18. Renée Adorée (The Big Parade, 1925)
6. Clara Bow (It, 1927)
7. Theda Bara (Cleopatra, 1917/Salome, 1918)
The Stephen Bracket
12. Thelma Todd (Fascinating Youth, 1926)
13. Bebe Daniels (Monsieur Beaucaire, 1924)
4. Mabel Normand (Caught in a Cabaret, 1914)
30. Carmel Myers (Ben Hur, 1925)
19. Pearl White (The Perils of Pauline, 1914)