SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Be My Guest - Kori (Blonde Episodes)

  Here is the discussion me and my friend Kori of Blonde Episodes had recently about classic films and such.

1.  Top favorite actors actresses are
1. Bette Davis,
2. Joan Crawford,
3. Meryl Streep
4. Cary Grant
5. Marilyn of course!


I love your top 5 Kori. I was surprised to see Marilyn at number 5 instead of number 1 though. Nice to see Cary in there amid the ladies.

2.  My number 1 is Bette Davis because I always thought she was such a tough broad.  I love her in everything she did.  Although she didn't particularly age well, she was a beauty in her youth.  Her edgyness and grit are something I admire.

I agree with everything you said about Bette.

3.  Hmmm, I watched "Double Indemnity" in my film class in college and fell in love!  The film noir genre is so fascinating to me.  I love the dark mood and mystery.  I can remember sitting in the theater at school and being in awe, wondering why I had never liked classic films before.


That's a cool way to start watching classic films Kori. Glad you're a fan.

4.  Favorite movie?  That's hard..I love so many for so many different reasons, but I'd have to say Shawshank Redemption.  It's not vintage, but truly a classic.  I could never get tired of it.


Shawshank...yes!
5.  Perfect way for me to watch a classic movie is cuddled up in my bed with the rain pouring outside...lots of coffee!




Sounds great to me.

6.  Probably the 40's or 50's because of the fashion and old fashioned attitudes

As I told my friend Dawn when asked the same question, I am split between the end of the 30's and the beginning of the 40's.

7. I love George Clooney (the next Cary Grant), Russel Crowe, Leo Dicaprio, and Sandra Bullock


Leo and Sandra...yes.
8.  "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night." Betty Davis in All About Eve 
Nice. I just listed a bunch of quotes from that movie on facebook.

9.  Any movie character, probably Marlene Dietrich in "Witness for the Prosecution."  I just love that part.


Interesting choice Kori. 

Thanks Kori for chiming in with such great answers and being my guest here on my blog.

1 comment:

Gilby37 said...

I too love Shawshank Redemption! It is a true modern classic with outstanding performances from all the actors in it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails