SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Liebster Blog Award

While I was busy giving out another award to 12 blogging friends of mine,  mythical monkey chose me as a recipent of The Liebster Blog award. He stated "and last but certainly not least, Monty at All Good Things, whose best actress and best actor tournaments might be the best things to happen in the blogosphere this year". Wow! Talk about a great comment. That made me just feel awesome and now I know how much my blog means to so many people, especially Mythical Monkey.
Now according to the rules of Liebster, I'm supposed to choose 3-5 more worthy bloggers to pass this award on to. The catch is they have to have less than 300 followers as the award is for blogs that deserve more followers. It wasn't easy to choose only 5 and that's why it took me so long to respond for mine. Mythical Monkey gave me my award on August 9th.

So here we go with my 5 selections:


And Then They Start To Sparkle - According to that Liebster chart, it states that it was started in Germany (probably). Well my first person I chose to receive this award is from Germany. None other than Irene, who has co-hosted my blog and writes her own wonderful blog as well. A very fun and witty blog to be sure.

Via Margutta 51 - My friend Clara who hails from Chile writes this very cool blog. And Clara is very cool herself. She is also a big Audrey Hepburn fan. And very gracious. We had a little bet when Audrey and Grace faced off in my classic actress tournament that whoever lost that match, the loser would have to write a piece on the other person's blog. Well Grace edged out Audrey and Clara immediately wrote a post for my blog with no hesitation. Very cool indeed.

Waitin' On a Sunny Day - How could you not like a blog with a title like this. Sophie who lives in the UK writes this wonderful blog, bringing sunshine into all her followers lives. Her list of favorite actresses is amazing leading off with Deborah Kerr.

Elisa's Classic Films - This was the first year that Elisa started her terrific blog and I remember spotlighting it as a blog to follow. Elisa has wrote nearly 100 posts for the year and shows no signs of slowing down. It's a blog everybody should be following.

And finally, Musings Of A Morleysaurus , from my friend Jennifer. She recently gave me an award and I wanted to return the favor with a different one and BAM! along comes The Liebster. Jen's blog is really, really very cool, with a focus on horror and all things geeky.

So there you have it..my friends who are most deserving of The Liebster Award. This seems like we are in the middle of awards season as so many awards are being handed out left and right. Which I think is very, very cool.



7 comments:

ClassicBecky said...

I really like these round-robin awards, Monty, because we get to try new blogs we didn't know about before. although heaven knows I have enough favorites that I am having a terrible time trying to keep up with them! I've been remiss with yours too. I've been catching up, and I loved your fascinating article about Andrea Leeds, about whom I knew very little. Beautiful Esther William (great pics), and lovely Grace Kelly. I especially enjoyed your Ann Blyth article -- and I loved the picture of Ann being squeezed into her mermaid outfit!

Patti said...

I was stopping by to let you know that I have also given you this award. However, I must admit that the "Liebster" award I have posted does not have the same rules or motivation that yours does. All that information was not on the post from which I received the award.

So, stop by my blog and see why I have given you a "beloved" award.

Irene Palfy said...

Thank you very much, Monty! I just don't know what to say - I am feeling very honored to receive this blog award -- and be in such an illustrious company!

Many thanks!

Dawn said...

Congrats! to everyone.. This has beeen so much fun learning about others blogs, that I may have never heard of before.

Dawn said...

N and CF, is passing the "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award", to your wonderful blog, "All Good Things". Please stop by N and CF to pick up your award.

Clara Fercovic said...

Thank you Monty!! You're very, very kind :) I'll try to pass on this award this weekend :)

Sophie said...

Thank you so much, Monty! It's an honour to receive an award from such a wonderful blog as yours! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails