SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Be My Guest: Melinda Kinnaird

My guest this month another friend and classic movie lover I met on Facebook, Melinda. Without further adieu, take it away Melinda....


Here they are! I am so glad you asked me to do this, I really enjoyed answering the questions. My mom, sister and I also enjoy talking about going to movie theaters that are no longer here in our hometown to see classic films. Anyway, here's my answers, and thank you again so much!
1. What made you start blogging? N/A
2. Who are your favorite classic film stars? Name as many as you want.

 Gene Kelly, Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, Bette Davis, Olivia DeHaviland, Dana Andrews, Maureen O'Hara, Claudette Colbert, Clark Gable, Ginger Rogers, Sidney Poitier, Gregory Peck, Henry Fonda, Joseph Cotten, James Stewart, Robert Taylor, The Marx Brothers, and so many more.
3. What are some of your favorite films? 


Singin' In The Rain, The Wizard Of Oz, Rebel Without A Cause, Now Voyager, The Philadelphia Story, and Lillies Of The Field...and that's just for starters.
4. Describe your first classic movie experience. Like where and when..at a cinema, on TV, etc.. 


The first time I ever really remember seeing a classic film was when I was a little girl. I remember the whole family getting together to watch The Wizard Of Oz on TV...this was back before many families had VCRs and no DVRs, so it was appointment television. I loved watching the magical adventure! Years later, when the film was re-released for its 60th anniversary, my mom and I went to the theatre to see it. It was just as enchanting seeing it on the big screen as it was seeing it as a child on TV.
5. What films upon first viewing did you not like, then later on when re-watching them, loved them?


 The first time I saw Rosemary's Baby as a teenager, I didn't get it. Then I saw it again a few years later, and it scared the bejeezus out of me!
6. Describe the perfect way for you to watch a classic film.

 Just setting everything else aside and watching it...maybe having a snack and watching it with my mom.
7. How many friends, family member or co-workers share your love of classic films? 
My mother, certainly. She was born in 1932, so I think it gave me an appreciation for these classic gems. And my sister loves them too. She often tells me how she went to the a theater here in my hometown to see a classic film. She watches many with her husband and son. And I have several friends who love great films like I do.
8. What is your favorite time period: the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's or 60's? 

Tough choice. I love the 1940s and 1950s. I would have loved to have seen so many of my favorite films in the theatre when they first opened. I also like how times were easier and manners were more present back then. Still, I do love the 1920s and 1930s as well, and many of my favorite musicians, movies and TV shows happened in the 1960s.
9. What are some of your favorite film quotes? 

"There's No Place Like Home." "Here's Looking At You, Kid." 
10. What classic films have you yet to see for one reason or another?

 I've never seen Lawrence Of Arabia. And I know it's in the 1970s, but I'd like to see The Godfather (1 and 2).
11. What is your favorite genre?


 Musicals and comedies, but I do love a good drama or suspense film too!
12. If you threw a movie theme party, describe how you would do it.

 The costumes, decorations, food, etc. My cousin is a HUGE Judy Garland found, so she might help me put a Wizard of Oz party together. It would be cool to have apples (since they walk past the apple trees), and have lollipops as party favors.
13. What are some films that are widely loved that you couldn't care less about? 

I'm not a big Woody Allen fan. Also, I didn't really like Touch Of Evil, even though I love most of the actors in it. And I liked Giant, but wish it wasn't so long.
14. Who’s the biggest film fanatic that you know? Besides yourself of course. 
My mom
15. And finally who are some of your favorite film characters? 

Don Lockwood (Singin' In The Rain), Dorothy Gale (The Wizard Of Oz), Plato (Rebel Without A Cause), Maria Von Trapp (The Sound Of Music)

Thank you Melinda for being my guest and for such wonderful answers. I'm sure my readers enjoyed getting to know you as much as I did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading this interview... loved your answers, Melinda! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails