SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spotlight on Brooke Bundy

My friend C. Parker recently posted some pics of actress Brooke Bundy and I immediately had a flashback about her. I recognized her from the countless TV series she appeared on during the 60's, 70's and 80's. Born on August 8th, 1944 in New York, Brooke never became a huge star in her own right, but she has to hold some type of record for the amount of TV work she did. I remember her vividly appearing on The Partridge Family, My Three Sons, The Mod Squad, Wonder Woman and Mission: Impossible. But those shows are just the tip of the iceberg that Brooke appeared on. She also guest starred on Gunsmoke, Mannix, The Virginian, The Rookies, The Donna Reed Show, Gidget, The Man From U.N.C.L.E, Rawhide, Ben Casey, Bonanza, The Brady Bunch, Emergency!, Cannon, Medical Center, Police Woman, and countless others. So you have seen Brooke at some point during your TV viewing lifetime. She never really made her way into feature films, other than the 1968 western Firecreek, co-starring  Hollywood veterans Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda. She was still appearing on TV through the 80's on shows like Fantasy Island, The Fall Guy, Simon & Simon, Trapper John, M.D. and even Star Trek: The Next Generation. Most of today's younger generation probably know her best as one of the teen's mom in A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988). Brooke hasn't appeared on any series since 1991's Sons and Daughters. She's been married to Peter Helms since 1962, when she turned 18. They have one daughter named Tiffany, who tried acting herself during the 80's.

So it was a pleasant surprise when C. posted those lovely pics about a week ago of Brooke, that I promised him I would write a blog about her. So I did, and now I'm hankering to see Brooke in something..anything. I do own Firecreek, so I may watch that over the weekend. And C. I had to use some of your pics of Brooke, because pics of her are pretty scarce online. I did find one different from yours so I posted that too. Hope you like it. Brooke is currently a acting coach and manager. So to all my readers, if you never heard of Brooke or don't recall her, check her out somewhere. I believe IMDB has some videos of her several hundred TV appearances on their site.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, I remember Brooke from GENERAL HOSPITAL in my high school or college days. She played Diana Taylor, whose unfortunate murder was the focus of a storyling that went on for many months. Thanks for a fun look back at her work...I missed this when it was first posted and am glad I came across it 3 months later!

Best wishes,
Laura

monty said...

Thanks for the added info Laura. I didn't know about General Hospital.

Jack Yan said...

Brooke was also a stand-out in the pilot of CHiPs.

Unknown said...

Brooke Bundy and Jaime Pressly from the sitcom Mom looks so much alike I thought that the Mom co-star was Brooke's
daughter.

Unknown said...

Yes they have an amazing resemblance

Anonymous said...

Here's another one Teri Garr and Lisa Kudrow LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails