SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Friday, August 3, 2012

31 Stars in 31 Days: Day 3 - ERROL FLYNN

A little swashbuckling for the day and who better than Errol Flynn. Whether firing arrows or clashing swords, Errol is your man. 


Favorite Errol film: THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD (1938)
Favorite Errol role: Robin Hood
Favorite Errol co-star: a no-brainer here..OLIVIA de HAVILLAND
Number of Errol films seen so far: 17 out of 63


Star of the day, Errol Flynn

Today's film: THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD (1938) - I was gonna go with another Errol film of somewhat lesser known variety but I just bought Robin Hood on blu-ray and wanted to see how it looks compared to DVD. And yes it looks amazing! I mean Robin Hood was already a gorgeous looking film in beautiful Technicolor and Blu-ray enhances it even more. Sounds and looks terrific. One of my favorite films of all time. Flynn and de Havilland are pure gold together. And Rathbone and Rains make terrific villains. 


The ever so thoughtful guest..Robin brings something to the feast

My favorite scene: has to be when Robin shows up at Nottingham Castle to have a little chat with Prince John (Rains) and Sir Guy (Rathbone) that begins friendly enough...but ends with Robin having to brawl his way out. Exhilarating stuff!

Oh and quite the charmer with the ladies too!

Rating: ***** out of *****
That's right...Robin Hood is a five star gem!


Whoops! Time to go!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Monty, I wanted you to know, that I can not post on any of my blogs. I do not know if it can be fixed:(

Kristen said...

Just reviewed Captain Blood and mentioned wanting to see this! Glad to know it's worth it.

Irene Palfy said...

Boy - I LOVE that film.. Well.. Obviously I adore Errol Flynn.. But this one here is due for a re-watch.. and: I am so glad that you have had the chance to watch it on BluRay! I love that more and more classics are printed that way!!

Can't wait for your next post here!! :")

This is such a fun series!!

callmemadam said...

I love this film - can't count how many times I've watched it.
I'm sure it was one of the films that got me hooked on old movies - I must have been about 6 years old and my mum says I stayed in and watched it on TV (black & white telly, it was years before I realised it was in colour!!)when my sister and friends were outside playing in the school summer holidays. Set the pattern for the rest of my life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails