SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

All-Time Top Winning Tourney Actresses

As we are currently underway with first round action of the 2014 Favorite Classic Movie Actress Tourney, I thought it would be a good idea to rank the all-time tourney leaders in match wins. I wanted to do a top ten list but that would take a little more time and research to compile all the numbers. So I settled with the top 5 women with the most matches won in tourney play. And not just counting this tourney but all the tourneys I have done or partnered up with, like the recent Favorite Silent Actress Tourney I did with Catherine. But I am counting only individual matches and not something like my other recent tourney, the favorite classic movie couples I did with Desiree. So here we go, beginning with #5..


5.) BETTE DAVIS (11-3) Bette has been in the mix in all three previous tourneys, reaching the final four last year only to lose to my girl Carole. And this year she is off to a great start as she is running roughshod over Katharine Hepburn. Look for Bette’s win tally to increase by quite a bit.


4.)  NATALIE WOOD (12-4) Two- time final four finalist, Natalie has pretty much dominated the 60’s era portion of the tourney, with the exception of last year’s early exit in the sweet sixteen round. But her 12 wins proves that she is definitely a contender and one of the most loved actresses competing.



3.) GRETA GARBO (13-3, winner 2014 Favorite Silent Actress Tourney) Recently crowned Favorite Silent Actress thanks to her solid performance in this year’s earlier tourney, Greta has established herself as a proven force. And with her currently beating the brakes off Fay Wray in the first round of the 30’s era bracket, she has picked up right where she left off…winning.



2.) CAROLE LOMBARD (16-3, winner 2013 Favorite Classic Movie Actress Tourney) I was so happy my beloved Carole finally broke through and won a tourney. She had come so close in the two previous tourneys only to lose to Irene Dunne and Ginger Rogers in the 30’s era finals, but would not be denied a 3rd time. It was a long time coming.


1    1.)    GRACE KELLY (17-3, winner 2012 Favorite Alfred Hitchcock Leading Lady) And the all-time most winning actress in tourney history is none other than Princess Grace. Two-time final four finalist that has owned the 50’s era bracket with the exception of last year’s early exit during the sweet sixteen round. Grace did manage to win another tourney though…Favorite Alfred Hitchcock Leading Lady, quite easily might I add.


Once this year’s tourney wraps, I will update this all-time list and probably expand it to a top ten.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails