SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, March 15, 2012

All Good Things presents Cinematic World Tour 2012 Blogathon

Looks like Cary and Eva are all set...

Everybody has taken a vacation at one time or another. Traveling from your hometown to another state or even country. By car, train or plane, enjoying the sights and making new friends along the way. Of course there are always some hiccups along the way, such as lost luggage, snooty hotel clerks, flight delays, etc. But the overall experience makes up for all that. So I decided to do a blogathon based solely on that. Taking a page from TCM's recent Around the World with Oscar, I am inviting all my friends to plan a fantasy summer vacation using classic movies. Choose a particular destination, like New York or England, and write about movies that use those places as their location. Say you plan to visit Florida, would you stay at the hotel in Key Largo or Miami Beach (Some Like It Hot)? Or maybe Aunt Elizabeth could put you up at her nice home in Connecticut (Bringing Up Baby). Or visit the scenic Big Sur (The Sandpiper). Or travel abroad to England, France or Australia. You can choose as many places as you want, just depends on how much traveling you plan on doing. Load them up with plenty of pics and let us know where you stayed at, and what was on your itinerary. Be as creative as possible. And unlike most blogathons, which usually last a weekend or a week, this one will last all summer long. So your tickets will be open-ended. Beginning Memorial Day on Monday, May 28th and running through Labor Day on Monday, September 3rd. So you can post as many times over this summer. And I hope to have this as a recurring series each and every summer. I will be thinking of where I will take my vacation this year. I actually think we may get to visit New York for real with a friend, so I may add that destination to my cinematic post. And if we don't make the trip, then I will have the movies set in New York to rave about. Just leave a comment here on this post or email me if you wish to join in on the fun. Oh and have your passport and cameras ready! I will post more details before everyone starts taking their vacations. Giving you plenty of time to decide the places you want to visit. And I won't restrict it just to classic films. Some modern films and their locations are gladly welcomed!
Hopefully we won't be engaged in a 'Great Race' while traveling...
come to think of it, that might be fun


15 comments:

Patti said...

Another exciting and fun event at ALL GOOD THINGS!! Definitely, count me in...I am always up for a trip!!

Dawn said...

I'm ready for a road trip. Please add me to the list. :)

Kimberly J.M. Wilson said...

I will participate, too.

Irene Palfy said...

Yay! I am game - and: "Boy - am I game!" :") Maybe I'll be touring Europe?? oh.. that'S going to be great! Wonderful idea! :")

Bon Voyage to all participants!!

whistlingypsy said...

Monty, a great idea for a blogathon; I would like to schedule for "Rome Adventure" and "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone". Where do I sign-up?

monty said...

Cool, Whistling Gypsy. Just shoot me an email at monty_hawes@yahoo.com. if you can send me an email that way I can keep track of everyone. Thanks..Glad you're joining us.

Kristen said...

I'm definitely in! I love this idea! I'll shoot you an email as well!

Stephanie said...

I am in love with this blogathon idea! I am definitely in, I'd like to make it a regular series this summer on my blog as well. Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

Runell said...

If it's alright with you, I would just LOVE to participate in this blogathon.

monty said...

Thats cool with me R.C Just shoot me an email at monty_hawes@yahoo.com so I can add you to my list there. Be easier to track everybody.

Kevyn Knox said...

Sounds like great fun. You can count Kevyn Knox and The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World in on all the fun. I am sure I will post several contributions through the Summer. I will send them when I do.

Jeff Flugel said...

Neat idea for a blogathon, Monty! I'll do my best to fit a couple of entries in over the coming months, if you've got room for one more...

Marcela Costa :} said...

Can I still participate! I'm gonna write about how both me and Casablanca "will always have Paris". THANKS SO MUCH!

monty said...

WHy yes you can Marcela! Please join in on the fun! Just shoot me an email at monty_hawes@yahoo.com when you do.

ruth said...

I just discovered this through Rich's WSW blog. I'd love to join and looks like I still have time to do this. It's ok if it's a previous trip I have taken right? I'm thinking of Italy or London I visited a few years ago. I'll send you an email. What a great idea for a blog-a-thon!


– ruth @FlixChatter.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails