SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Women of Hammer Films: Veronica Carlson

The  lovely Veronica

Every October I spotlight some of the women made world famous by their participation in Hammer Studios Films of the 50's thru the 70's. Last year I wrote about Ingrid Pitt and Valarie Gaunt to name a few. This year I begin with Veronica Carlson. Born Veronica Mary Glazer in Yorkshire, England in 1944. She studied art and received a diploma in design. I fancied myself an artist an one point in my life so I can relate to her already. She tried her hand at modeling which led to her being called to audition for Dracula Has Risen From The Grave. She won the part of Maria and made an immediate impact on audiences around the world.

Veronica getting some direction from the man himself Christopher Lee

She was cast almost immediately in the next Hammer film, Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (1969) this time playing the tragic Anna Spengler, who gets involved with the Baron's mad plan (Peter Cushing). There is one very uncomfortable scene that Veronica had to endure which I won't go into details here but you will know it once you see it.

Veronica just wanting to be alone

Veronica's final film for Hammer Films was The Horror of Frankenstein (1970). I can't say too much about this film as I haven't seen it yet. But it would be the last film Veronica would do for Hammer Films. Hammer made more films doing the 70's but Veronica was blackballed as she didn't get offered any of them. Some say it was because she refused to appear nude. And if that was the case I commend this young lady on standing by her convictions. 

with a friendly kitty

To see her at her best check out Dracula Has Risen From The Grave, one of the better Dracula films from that era.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Lovely Veronica bears the distinction of starring in both my favorite Lee Dracula movie (Risen From The Grave) and hottest biting scene with my boyfriend Chris (again, Risen From the Grave). That definitely earns her some major Hammer cred.

Cliff said...

One of my faves. Here's a little more on her career and bio:

http://bmoviebabes.blogspot.com/2016/03/33-veronica-carlson.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails