SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

If It's Tuesday, Then It Must Be Grace Kelly..a short story

Just a short little story about Grace on my weekly series dedicated to her. Now it takes awhile to get to Grace but bear with me. It was many years ago when I was in the army and stationed in Germany. I was age 22 and it was my first time away from home. My girlfriend back home, Amy had broken up with me over the phone after I was away from her all of 6 months. So it took me awhile to start going out trying to meet new girls. And I did meet a few girls, some Americans and some Germans. But according to my fellow soldier and co-worker, Lisa, I had a problem which she gladly told me about. It went something like this, not word for word, but pretty much like this:

Let me set the scene first...I was outside the office looking out at the traffic on the streets of Germany, melancholy about my latest relationship problems. Sgt. Lisa Baker comes out...


Lisa: Hawes? what are you doing out here?
Me: Nothing..just thinking..
Lisa: what now? 
Me: nothing..damn..just..Tanya hasn't called me in days
Lisa: who?
Me: Tanya..the girl I met a few weeks ago..went out a few times..
Lisa: damn Hawes..you know what your problem is?
Me: ummm..gee I didnt know I had a problem.
Lisa: well you do..wanna know what it is?
Me: yes..please tell me my problem Baker..
Lisa: You are too nice Hawes. You treat these girls you meet too special.
Me: What are you talking about?
Lisa: Every girl you meet, you treat them like Grace Kelly..you put them on a pedestal. And you just met them.
Me: I do not...you don't know what you're talking about.
Lisa: really Hawes...the one girl you met when we all went out a few months ago..
Me: you mean Gabbi?
Lisa: whatever her name was? Did you not buy her flowers the next day? Did you not want to introduce her to the entire unit saying she was your destiny?
Me: ummm..not to that extent.
Lisa: or how about Kathy? She gave you one little kiss and you was ready to marry her right then and there...
Me: OK, ok, ok...maybe I am a little prone to fall in love kinda quick but I do not treat girls like Grace Kelly. There is only one Grace Kelly.
Lisa: Wake up Hawes! This is not the movies!
Me: I know..I know..

Then I don't remember much after that but thought it would be cool to share on this Grace Kelly day!

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Hi! You might already have this award, haha, but I awarded you the Versatile Blogger award on my blog because you're one of my favorites :)

Desiree said...

http://www.rosalind-russell.blogspot.com

Patti said...

Great story, Monty! And I will say this, those gals loss was Stephanie's gain!

For the record, I think putting a gal on a pedestal and treating her like a princess is a wonderful thing. Wish more men did that!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails