SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

If It's Tuesday, Then It Must Be Grace Kelly

I haven't done a Grace Kelly Tuesday post in awhile so I figure I would do one right quick before Tuesday ends. Just a few choice quotes from Princess Grace herself.



Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality.
I'll tell you one of the reasons I'm ready to leave. When I first came to Hollywood five years ago, my makeup call was at eight in the morning. On this movie it's been put back to seven-thirty. Every day I see Joan Crawford, who's been in makeup since five, and Loretta Young who's been there since four in the morning. I'll be god-damned if I'm going to stay in a business where I have to get up earlier and earlier and it takes longer and longer for me to get in front of a camera.
I hated Hollywood. It's a town without pity. I know of no other place in the world where so many people suffer from nervous breakdowns, where there are so many alcoholics, neurotics, and so much unhappiness.

1 comment:

Silver Screenings said...

These are great quotes. My fave: "Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails