SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Sunday, April 7, 2013

SUMMER MOVIE PREVIEW (Part 1): MAY

After getting off to a slow movie going start for this year...no movies seen during the first three months, but I have since seen three over the span of 2 weeks: Olympus Has Fallen, G.I. Joe 2 and Evil Dead. And seeing those three films I got bombarded with loads of previews for upcoming films this summer. I thought I would do a series of posts on the films I am most looking forward to. There are tons of them coming and I will start with May which yields four potential blockbusters. These four films are following in the footsteps of their predecessors which all made over $200 million in America alone. Let's get started shall we:


IRON MAN 3 (May 3) - Shellhead returns for his third solo outing following last summer's mega-hit The Avengers. Robert Downey, Jr. once again plays Iron Man. And faces off against two villains this time in the form of The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce). Returning to aid our armored avenger is Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), Jim Rhodes (Don Cheadle) and Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau). This is reported to be Downey's last go as the super-hero..well last solo gig. He will probably return for The Avengers 2. Here's hoping this wants makes up for the last Iron Man film, which was ok, but kind of under-whelming. In the hands of director Shane Black, I think it should be. 
Monty Meter: 9 out of 10 (where it ranks on my can't wait to see list)


THE GREAT GATSBY (May 10) - I'm a big Leonardo DiCaprio fan in almost everything the man does. Despite the fact he dies in nearly all of his films. But once again I am excited about this glitzy adaption of Gatsby by Baz Luhrmann and co-starring some great actors. Such as Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, Isla Fisher, and Adelaide Clemens.
Monty Meter: 6 out of 10


STAR TREK-INTO DARKNESS (May 17) - To boldy go one more time is the intrepid crew of the starship Enterprise, once again guided by JJ Abrams. His first Trek movie back in 2009 blew the doors off everyone's expectations and this sequel looks just as good. If not even better.  
Monty Meter: 8 out of 10


FAST AND FURIOUS 6 (May 24) - Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson return for another in your face adrenaline filled action caper that looks to outdo Fast Five in every way by going with even bigger and crazier stunts. I love these films and this looks just as good as the last film. Should be another crowd-pleaser.
Monty Meter: 9 out of 10


THE HANGOVER PART 3 (May 24) - Here we go with the Wolf Pack returning for another go round..this time going back to Vegas. I hope this one makes up for Part 2 as that one was kind of weak. Opens the same day as Fast and Furious so that weekend should be huge. Hell the whole month of May should be huge and record setting.
Monty Meter: 7 out of 10

I'll be back shortly with a preview of June's releases.

2 comments:

Silver Screenings said...

The Great Gatsby looks spectacular. I love the 1974 version with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow, but this one looks like it'll be the best version yet.

Gwyneth Paltro gets top billing in Iron Man 3??

monty said...

Silver Screenings, Robert Downey Jr still gets top billing..they did a series of posters spotlighting each star..Paltrow, Downey, Cheadle, and Ben Kingsley. I posted this one because it came up first in my search for Iron Man 3 pics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails