SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, July 19, 2010

Debbie Reynolds - Classic Movie Goddess For July


Here are some personal quotes by Debbie over the years:

Singin' In The Rain (1952) and childbirth were the two hardest things I ever had to do in my life.
I stopped making movies because I don't like taking my clothes off. Maybe it's realism but, in my opinion, it's utter filth.

When asked what her favorite movie is: I think one of my favorite films is Dark Victory (1939) with Bette Davis.  Why? She was so wonderful in that film. And... maybe I just want a good cry once in a while without having to go through a divorce.

Daddy had got us rooms in a motel until he could find us a house. There were not a lot of places available for a young family on our budget. Daddy went around to dozens of places. Nobody wanted kids. Finally, he found one in the hills south of Glendale. As usual, the landlady asked if he had kids. "Yep,' he replied. 'A boy and a girl.' 'Well, whatta you going to do about them?' she wanted to know, implying that she didn't allow children. 'I'm gonna take'em out and drown them in the Los Angeles River, and come back tomorrow.' That was my father - ask a silly question and just wait. She must have had the same sense of humor: we moved in the next day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails