SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, February 19, 2011

JUST GO WITH IT is a very funny new comedy

Just Go with It

The latest Adam Sandler movie has him playing a plastic surgeon named Danny, who pretends to be married in order to date women. He's been doing it ever since his fiance cheated on him the night before their wedding. Now years later Danny has things going good for him until he sees the woman of his dream, a young woman named Palmer (Brooklyn Decker) who after spending the night together finds his "fake" wedding ring the next morning and leaves furious. So Danny has his beleaguered assistant Katherine (a wonderful Jennifer Aniston) pretend to be his soon to be ex-wife to show Palmer that he is ready to settle down with only her.
Just Go with It
This comedy reminded me of the old screwball farce, The Palm Beach Story and others like it. It's not your typical Sandler comedy because this time he is evenly matched with a strong female co-star in Aniston. They make a great team and I found myself laughing quite a bit. Newcomer Brooklyn Decker (a swimsuit model) is surprisingly good in her first role. She has a natural acting ability that shows future potential. And look-out for a out of left field appearance by Nicole Kidman as an old college friend of Katherine. It's cool seeing the usually serious Kidman in a comedic role. Her back and forth banter with Aniston is great as they have a hula dance off when all the couples land in Hawaii for a little rest and relaxation. Just Go With It is an easy going comedy that I think most people will enjoy.
B+

4 comments:

ClassicBecky said...

Hi, Monty. This does sound like a cute comedy. Thanks for the heads-up.

I tried to become a follower of your blog, but I don't have a Facebook account so I wasn't allowed to sign up. Anyway, I'll be visiting!

Tom said...

Thanks for the review Monty; I've been on the fence about seeing this one and might check it out.

becca said...

Hm... I rarely like Sandler, but this one does sound interesting. It's a remake of "Cactus Flower" (1969), which is a movie that I LOVE. From your post about "Seems Like Old Times" (another good one), I got the impression that you're a Goldie Hawn fan, so you might want to check out "Cactus Flower." It was her first film, and she won a deserved Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Plus, Ingrid Bergman and Walter Mathau are a lot of fun.

Anyway, sorry if this comment is too long, I just thought you'd be interested. "Just Go With It" sounds fun, so I'll be sure to check it out sometime. Thanks for writing this review and bringing it to my attention!

monty said...

Thanks for the feedback Amanda. I have seen Cactus Flower but it's been forever. I should have remembered why Just Go With It seemed a little familiar. And yes I love Goldie Hawn. She's awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails