SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Saturday, February 12, 2011

MARCH MADNESS is coming next month here on ALL GOOD THINGS

I love classic movies, hence my blog. And I also love college basketball. So taking a page from my friend Rick over at Classic Film and TV Cafe where he did a mini tournament about studio logos last year, I've decided to do a tournament myself this year. And it will focus on one of my main themes here on my blog, that of classic movie actresses. For the past couple days I was trying to figure out how I would categorize the brackets. Would it be my genre? or something else? I finally decided to break it down by years. So there will be 4 brackets: the 60's, the 50's, the 40's and I combined the 30's with the silents as many actresses made the cross-over from silents to early talkies. Now I am in the midst of breaking down the actresses to a specific year where they were at their most successful and productive. Then come March 1st I will post the first match-ups to be voted on. I think this will be a fun event and if it works, it will become a yearly thing. Next year of course would be the men, and then I could do one on supporting players, directors, etc. The choices ae endless. But I wanted everyone to know what was coming and to be ready to vote. I know I'm excited because you don't know how it's going to turn out. I mean any actress can win this thing, it just a matter of who likes what actress more than the other actress in the matchup. Oh and thanks again for your help Rick. I wouldn't have started this project without your information and help. See everyone back here March 1st.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Sounds like fun Monty. See ya in March!

Dawn said...

Awesome Monty!! I can not wait to see who wins!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails