SIMPLY CAROLE

SIMPLY CAROLE
CAROLE LOMBARD - My Favorite Actress

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Katharine Hepburn (1907-2003)

This was post done by Irene that was thought to be lost on that day Blogger crashed. Well I found it and had to post even though Kate's birthday has come and gone. Better late than never, I'm just glad Irene's wonderful post did not go to waste. Enjoy.

"Who is Katharine Hepburn? It took me a long time to create that creature."



Happy birthday to "The Great Kate " Katharine Hepburn - who is the only actress ever to receive a total of four Acadamy Awards as Best Actress.



Schmooze:


  • Allegedly when in the early 1930s the costume department stole her slacks from her dressing room she walked around the studio in her underwear . She refused to wear anything else until they were returned.
  • She and Spencer Tracy made a total of nine films together.
  • She was famous (or should I say infamous??) for let noone in doubt when she disliked him/her.



  • She was an an avid swimmer, golfer and tennis player. She also loved gardening.
  • She was pyrophobic - which means she was scared of fire. ~ I almost can't imagine that Katharine Hepburn was scared of anything.. - can you? ~
  • Did her stunts herself - because the stunt women "never stood up straight enough".
  • She loved cold showers.


Quotes Corner:

"Cold sober, I find myself absolutely fascinating."



Well, I find her absolutely fascinating, too! :")

2 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

Wow - I thought it was gone for good.

www really doesn't forget anything, does it?

Thank you for that nice introduction!

Emily Hernandez said...

Who isn't in love with Kate? She was unique and facinating and I can't get enough of her films.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails